Which resort makes sense?

pumba's mom

Mouseketeer
In a few days I will be calling to book 3 studios within our 7 month window. I will be traveling with my mom and her boyfriend and my sister, her husband, and my 2 1/2 yr old nephew. I want 3 studios so we can escape each other. I am thinking our first choice is Boardwalk or Beach Club area due to the fact that we will have more food options and be able to travel to parks easily. I would like to get 3 standard view studios at Boardwalk due to point cost. What are your opinions on AKV, Saratoga, or OKW?? They have lower point cost options but seem limited in dining and much more travel time necessary to get around. This will be first time visiting the world for my mom's boyfriend and obviously first time for my nephew. Thoughts on which resort I have best chance of getting within 7 months for September??

From what I understand it might be quite hard to get anything at Boardwalk standard, much less 3 studios, even at 7 months. Great resort though, I hope you can get that. BCV is awesome!!

Otherwise, my vote would be for SSR because of the location near DTD and the dining options. SSR does have a food court and a nice sit-down option too. AKV is great but I found it limiting because of the location and we had a car! We were at the very end of Kidani, away from Jambo House. That is a LONG walk to the Mara to get something to eat.

We will be at OKW in 2 weeks. 1st time so can't have much of an opinion on that one yet. Hope we love it.

Good luck with your search for your rooms!! Please come back and let us know what you get.

I agree with the previous poster that 3 standard view studios may be very difficult to get at the 7 month mark. But it definitely doesn't hurt to try! BCV is one of my favorite resorts, so it is an option. Or if you are willing to do BCV, I think the preferred views in BWV are around the same pointwise to a studio in BCV, so you can maybe "mix and match" the studios in BWV (like if they only have 1 standard left, get the standard and get 2 preferred views, would still be cheaper option than getting 3 BCV studios, KWIM?).

AKV is great, though travel time will become more of a factor, but to be honest it wasn't by much. We did a split stay last September and did 1 week at BCV and then 1 week at AKV, and BCV was definitely great for its proximity and walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but if you took the busses for anything, it still took you a long time because you share 1 bus for 5 resorts (stops at BC, YC, BW, and Swan and Dolphin). At AKV the nice thing is that the bus is there for just you and takes you straight there and back, and we never had an issue with waiting for busses (they were fairly frequent, usually no longer than a 10 minute wait if that).
If you're worried about food options at AKV, you can also request staying in a Jambo studio as opposed to Kidani, because all the food options are available in Jambo, plus the huge gift shop. Jambo has Boma buffet (EXCELLENT, I might add!), the Mara for counter service, and Jiko for signature service.
Good luck! :)

Either Boardwalk or Beach Club would be great choices, but if they are booked, of the 3 alternates, I'd choose in this order
1. AKL - Theming is fantastic and food options though not as numerous as BW/BC are still pretty good
2. SSR - Convenience to DTD
3. OKW - Very nice, but quiet and most limited with regards to food.

Best of luck on your booking!
Peace and cheers!

I was able to book 3 standard view studios at Boardwalk today with no problem. I think it is the best location... Went for the standard so we could stay more days. Can't wait!!!

I was able to book 3 standard view studios at Boardwalk today with no problem. I think it is the best location... Went for the standard so we could stay more days. Can't wait!!!

Holy Cats!!! That is fantastic!!!!!

I agree that is the best location especially if it's where you want to be.

Congratulations!!

Great pick, we love BW and always try to get a BWview room. Lots of action at night plenty of things to do. I am sure you will love your trip.

Good for you. The standard view rooms are really excellent values. It will be great for your group to be within walking distance of two parks. And there's a good variety of activities for everyone's particular tastes and interests. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. Now you can begin serious planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter