Which resort is better-Port Orleans-Riverside or French Quarter, or Coronado Springs?

Which Resort do you like better??

• Port Orleans Riverside

• Port Orleans French Quarter

• Coronado Springs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
WE are debating on staying at port orleans, or Coronado Springs. Having never stayed at a moderate yet, we are wondering which on is better between the three-Riverside, French Quarter or Coronado springs. Please tell me all you can and all the pros and cons of both.

We just booked Coronado Springs for October after MUCH research. It just looks more like a resort we would like. I am a Cajun and can see that motif anytime I want to at home so POFQ or POR were not really an option.

I voted for FQ, because it is much smaller than the other 2. I liked that it had a smaller, sort of community feel about it. POR and CSR are very spread out; a lot of walking.

We've stayed at all three and are in the same boat as Disneyfun1. We're taking my parents with us in May and can't decide if they/we would like a smaller resort (POFQ), which would seem even smaller if it is crowded, or a larger resort (POR/CSR) that would have more to do if we decide to spend more time away from the park crowds. The boat to DDT is nice at PO, but when it is busy, you spend more time waiting for the boat than it would take to walk there.

we vote for river side stayed there before love it

this holiday we do not have a choice because they will be five of us unless we get a good discount for a dulaxe resort with our AP keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed

All three resorts are very nice and all three have different personalities, but my choice is Riverside, because of the river and the theming of the Mansions and the Bayou. I like th food court as well.

French Quarter is smaller and better for those who like fewer bus stops and less walking.

Coronado Springs is great for a western US feel, bright colors, beautiful colors off the buildings reflecting at night on the water, good for jogging around the path, and the hammocks! LOL

My choice though of the moderates is now Caribbean Beach......you just don't feel like you're in the backyard of a United States "State"....you have that feel like you've left the mainland, and I like that on a vacation.

I like all three resorts, but for different reasons.

At Riverside in the Magnolia Bend section (aka mansions) I felt swept away with a Gone With The Wind-ish ambiance. Staying here was our first taste of a Disney themed resort and it knocked my socks off!

At French Quarter, it's smaller and easier to navigate (never stayed, but visited many times while staying at Riverside.)

Coronado Springs has the nicest pool of the three, IMHO. The slide is longer and curvier and it has a few more amenities than Riverside or FQ. We stayed in Cabana 8A. This building sits sideways, so you won't get any direct parking lot views. It's very close to the Dig Site (main pool) and a bus stop is basically right at your door.

If I had to choose today, I'd book Coronado Springs.

:banana: Cornado Springs is our resort of choice always. We just cannot get enough of the resort! :banana:

I wonder what the relevance of polls such as this when the repondants have not been to each of the resorts in question? What is the validity of their conclusion? Just a thought. At least we know the people responding love their resort.

Have stayed in CSR (okay) and POFQ (loved it). I thought the theming was comparable to a deluxe.

We had CS with a corner room & a lake view. Fabulous! CR is our fave resort so far (see below). AKL may change that soon...

#1:

We love Coronado - but my husband must workout every morning - (Ex-Marine) - what can I say... :teeth: - He is very "rigid" about keeping up his routine. So even though we are from California and see this motif often...for us - Coronado is perfect - as there is an onsite gym. We just love the atmosphere of this resort at night especially. The Casitas are so pretty with the fountains. You also have a larger selection at the foodcourt and a nice sit-down. (We very much enjoyed our dinner there a few years ago). You need to be careful with your room request, as it can be a very long walk around to El Centro or pool, depending upon whats your preference.
With Coronado you basically you get a deluxe for a mod price.....
Plus - Great pool, gym, good food court, sit-down

#2 POR - We like riverside. Just a lovely resort. Very romantic (mansion section) with the old south feel... For the most part we've always had a wonderful stay at this resort. The grounds are beautiful. The sit-down is decent (good breakfasts). And the food court is OK. They have a fun lounge as well. The boat to DTD is a nice bonus as well. * POFQ has this boat option as well.
Plus - Beautiful grounds, sit-down restaurant, food court, pools

#3 We stayed at FQ just after the refurbishment was completed and had a lovely room. But the resort just does not offer much other than it's compact. We really missed no on-site sit-down restaurant option. The food court was just OK and always very crowded. The lounge stinks - very small and not much fun. The pool is fun - but for my son who is now 12 - too "kiddie" for him. I don't think we'd stay here again unless the price was too good to pass up.
Plus - Small compact resort, boat to DTD

On our next trip we're staying at Wilderness Lodge and are really excited about it. It's our first time at a deluxe and we can't wait!

All in all it's about what type of theme you like best along with the other options that appeal to your family.

Good luck,
Brando

I voted for POFQ only because of size. We will not stay at any other moderate because we do not want to risk getting a room 15-20 minutes away from food court, pool, etc. However, we recently stayed at POR and it is a beautiful resort. Based on themeing, I would choose POR. If being close to the amenities wasn't important to us, I would have voted for POR.

Although I can't compare it to FQ or CS, I stayed in PO (Dixie Landings) for my honeymoon years ago and loved it. Have stayed in other Disney resorts since but PO I guess will always have a sentimental value attached to it. Bus transports were very efficient and the grounds were quite nice.

We've stayed at all three and found POFQ to be the most enjoyable for our needs. And yes, it's mostly because of its small size.

After hiking around the parks all day, we don't want to hike around our resort.

Everything at PO-FQ is a stone's throw away. Pool, food court, gift shop, bus stops, boat stop--everything is close by. No such thing as a room way out in the "boonies" away from everything (and yes, that can happen in all the other moderates).

Voted for POFQ only because that is where we are going to stay on our next trip. It will be hard pressed to beat CBR though because that resort was fabulous.

I've stayed at all 3 and voted for POFQ. I liked the smaller resort, being able to walk around without long distances. POR was nice too, the grounds were beautiful (we stayed in Magnolia Terrace). I really didn't care for CSR, especially the food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter