• Port Orleans Riverside

• Caribbean Beach

• Coronado Springs

• Fort Wilderness

• Port Orleans French Quarter

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlackPearl695

Mouseketeer
Last year we stayed off grounds for our Disney vacation. This year we are doing a Value Resort. Next year I would like to do a Moderate Resort, but I don't know which one to choose. It will be myself, DH, DS 10 and DS 11 during October. Please help me decide which to book for our next vacation. I'd like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of your experiences. I'm a planner, so I need to work through all the details before I make any decisions.

I say order the DVD from the Disney web, look them all over and go for what you like!!

Last year we stayed off grounds for our Disney vacation. This year we are doing a Value Resort. Next year I would like to do a Moderate Resort, but I don't know which one to choose. It will be myself, DH, DS 10 and DS 11 during October. Please help me decide which to book for our next vacation. I'd like to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of your experiences. I'm a planner, so I need to work through all the details before I make any decisions.

The answer is Coronado Springs. It's considered the "Deluxe" of the Mods.

You may enjoy your stay so much at the value...you may want to return:)

Also, please keep in mind...one guest's bad experience doesn't mean you will experience the same:)

My suggestion....start looking at the photo threads of the mods...decide which theme appeals to you and your family.

They all have pros and cons I suppose, depending on each individuals likes, dislikes etc....

CBR has the largest rooms....large resort....new pool area

POFQ/POR.....has boat transportation to DTD...and are sister resorts so amenities can be shared by guests

CSR...ONLY mod with queens beds, rooms just renovated..(estimated completion I have read for 10/09) The words "deluxe lite" have been used on the boards to describe it as well!

Each mod resort also has an unoffical FAQ thread as well as the photo threads I mentioned before.

Have fun deciding!

I loved Coronado but hated the food choices. The Pepper Market is the most overpriced "counter service" meal on property, I would not recommend it unless I was on the dining plan, $100 for a family of four is way out of line. We also ended up getting our food at different times, and the portions for my fajitas were quite small. So, everyone avoids the Pepper Market and overcrowds the Cafe Rix, where all the items on display in the bakery are priced JUST over what would qualify as a snack on the DDP. The pool and grounds were awesome. Just bring your own breakfast items or go to the parks for breakfast. Avoid the Pepper Market!

Browse the planning DVD then work out the location you want and it's proximity to the parks. We did this and changed from PC a value resort away from most things to POFQ close to DTD and Epcot and DHS. We ended up with a nice location and a bigger room which by all accounts this resort is quieter and the theme of the rooms suits us better PLUS we have the boats to DTD. We ruled out CBR because it's just to spread out for us even though some of the rooms have been refurbished. Coronado Springs resort just didn't fill us with enthusiasm either so that left Fort Wilderness, POR and POFQ. FW was lovely but we both had enough of camping in the UK as kids to completely rule that out, yes I know it's not the same but the thought of it just makes my skin crawl despite all the other facilities they have there. So that left POR or POFQ now FQ is smaller and the buses often pick up there first plus it's not so far to anywhere from anywhere on the resort itself and we loved the modest decor of the rooms very much in our taste.. and in keeping the theme of the resort. If we had not been able to book a room at FQ we would have taken one in Riverside and asked for something close to the main building.

We have loved the value resorts in the past but needed something special for this year but within our budget. If we won the lottery we would stay either at the Grand Floridian or the Poly or CR just to find out what it's like for once, a girl can dream....:cloud9:

That said it's a case of everyone has their own choice for their own reasons.

What kind of environment do you like? I think that will help you make a decision. For example, we're a treesy, shadey kind-of family. I absolutely loved staying at Riverside and this year we're going to Fort Wilderness (cabin). I don't like Coronado Springs at all because I hated the sun beating down on me so much every time I had to go somewhere. (I haven't been there myself, but I've heard CBR is similar). Port Orleans is smaller in scale and easy to get around; everything is just "more together". I haven't spent the night there, but when we were at Riverside, we took the boat over a couple of times.

A very nice thing about Riverside and PO is being able to take the boat back and forth to Downtown Disney. We loved doing that. It was so enjoyable and a nice, peaceful break for everyone.

I liked Pepper Market at CS very much. I felt like we had real choices. That's the only time we've been on the dining plan, so the cost wasn't an issue and I didn't even pay attention to what things cost. Paying OOP, maybe I wouldn't like it so much. :confused3

Each resort has their pros and cons. Which resort is the best ... value? clean? accessible to the resorts? for families? for couples?

So, I'll refrain from voting because I don't know in this instance what you are asking.

I don't think you can say that any of them is the "best". It depends on your individual taste. My suggestion is to look at lots of pictures, read lots of reviews, and choose the one that appeals to you most! Good luck!:goodvibes

I voted for Coronado. We love the theming and it is the only mod with queen beds, which is important for our family, we are rough sleepers. We really enjoyed how quite it was after being at the parks all day, and the pool theming in awesome. I loved just walking the grounds, beautiful.

Out of those resorts for me, is Fort Wilderness. You get lots of space, two rooms, a full kitchen, two TVs, can park right in front of your cabin, and a ton of things to do at the resort. You don't have to worry about noise from others, or the noise you might make. Kids have bunk beds so they don't have to share. Heck, you don't even have to sleep in the same room.

I guess I should have been a little more clear on what I was asking. I'm not asking for anyone to tell me which resort is best for "me". I want to hear what everyone else thinks is the best and why. I've never been to any of them and I'd like to hear first hand experiences rather than just read what they have to say about themselves. I'll make my own decision eventually, I just don't want to feel like I'm walking into something with blinders on.

Please tell me your opinions.

CBR is our families favorite moderate resort! The tropical island feel, caribbean music playing, sandy beaches with hammocks to watch Illuminations at night, each island having it's own quiet pool, does not share buses with other resorts and having larger rooms than other moderate resorts are just a few things why we love CBR more than other moderate resorts. The main pool just went through a major overhaul and it's fantastic which I'm sure your children will love! The food court is great and the shopping is some of the best shopping around with very unique items to purchase. They have their own marina where you can rent watersprites as well as bicycles to wander around the many pathways at CBR. You truly feel like you're on vacation within your vacation!

Wow I am sorry I can not pick just one. Our first ever onsite visit to Disney we stayed in CB, loved it. Next time we stayed at POR back when it was Dixie Landings and I loved it. The next time we stayed at the Fort Wilderness in the cabins. It was nice to have the full kitchen. Liked that resort as well. I agree with the other posters .....order the video....seach the resort photos and see which ones meet your needs the best. Good luck with your decision. Quite personally ...any place in Disney is awesome ... why? Because we are in Disney.

We are slowly working our way around to staying at all the moderates. . . So far we have stayed at CBR twice, POFQ once, and CSR once. And so far CBR is our family favorite. My boys just love it! So do DH and I. The grounds are beautiful and tropical and relaxing, yet it is a very family friendly resort. The rooms are Disney themed and slightly larger than the other moderates. There is a marina and a pirate cruise for the kids. The food court is very good. The CM's are friendly. The bus service is excellent. And the new pools can't be beat by another moderate! There is a children's pool that is pirate themed with a tipping bucket and several slides and the main pool offers zero entry, elaborate theming, and 2 slides - one shorter & open and the other longer & enclosed (tube-like). So much fun for the whole family!

We enjoyed our stay at POFQ, but thought is was a little small. The grounds, the food court, and the pool are all small compared to the other moderates. But that's what a lot of people love about POFQ! CSR is a very beautiful resort, but we did not enjoy our time there for several reasons.

Up next is POR! Can't wait! :yay:

I'd say to pick the theme that appeals to you and your family the most and which resort you think has the most to offer your family and go from there. Read some FAQ threads, some TR's, and look at lots of pictures, pick one and hope for the best! :wizard: Have a great trip! :goodvibes

CSR is our family favorite. We didn't think we were going to be able to go to Disney this year...DH and I actually cancelled our trip. But we've been able to swing a 3 night/4 day stay at our "home" -- CSR -- prior to driving to Marco Island (thank you for the $96 moderate rates!!!). We have had seven near perfect stays at the CSR and are looking forward to a mini-stay for number eight next month.

We have had the friendliest CM's of any place we've stayed at the CSR; we can't wait to see the new rooms with the queen beds and new furnishings; we've had great mousekeeping, good food and just an overall relaxed feel.

We've never stayed at any of the other moderates (we would consider POFQ if the CSR was not available). Our oldest DS was at the Caribbean last month. He had a very nice stay but admits he prefers the CSR a lot more.

CSR is the only moderate for us. It's deluxe lite. The pool is great and is The Pepper Market restaurant.

That said, if your boys are still young enough to enjoy pirates, then a pirate themed room at Carribbean Beach might be more to your family's liking.

With your kid's ages, I don't think POFQ or PO would suit. The pool is more for little kiddies, IMO.

Fort Wilderness is fantastic! When my sons were young (now they're 33 and 25) it was the only place they wanted to stay. You wake up in the morning, go out on the deck and you have a good chance of seeing wildlife. They loved the outdoor movies at night and riding the horses. I do not cook on vacation but I loved having the kitchenette for snacks and cereal or rolls for breakfast. You might want to rent a golf cart for getting around the resort. Request a cabin in the 100, 200, 300,400, or 700 loop and if you get it, you won't need a cart because you will be walking distance to theSettlement trading post and the boat to the MK.

Thanks for all the great opinions! You've all given me things to consider that I may have never thought of otherwise. Please keep the votes coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter