Which Resort Is Best Proximity to HS?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by OH2FL, Oct 23, 2012.

1. OH2FL

OH2FL In Sarasota Only 2 Hours From Disney!

We're heading over to see the Christmas lights 12/4 and 5 - one afternoon/evening at MK and the last night at HS. Tryiing to figure out the best place to stay.. probably best proximity to HS. Walk, bus or....?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Any of the Epcot resorts would be closest to HS. BC/YC, BWI or Swan/Dolphin. I'd say its about a 20 min walk to HS from BC.

4. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The Boardwalk is the closest to HS. It is a nice walk along a nicely lit path. There is also a boat.

5. HMANSION LOVER

HMANSION LOVER PIN TRADER

If you have children Beach Club if not Boardwalk both are within walking distance to HS and EPCOT

6. MulanMom

MulanMom DIS Veteran

When we walked to HS, we were staying at the Swan/Dolphin...can't remember which one. If I recall correctly, the Boardwalk was closest out of the Disney Epcot resorts.

7. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

As others have said, any of the Epcot resorts are fairly close to DHS. The YC/BC are probably the furthest. The BW is the closest for walking (0.8 miles or about 14 football fields). The Swan would be the next closest (0.9 miles), with the Dolphin only being slightly further.

In terms of the boat, the Swan/Dolphin are the closest. The boat goes from Epcot to BW to YC/BC to S/D to DHS. So the S/D is the last stop on the way to DHS and the first stop on the way back from DHS.

8. elaw

elaw DIS Veteran

It was a 14 minute walk for us (leisurly pace) from the entrance of DHS to BWI when we stayed there this past April.

9. EpcotBill

EpcotBill DIS Veteran

The closest by bus are CBR and Pop. I've used my car from Pop many times, it's about 7 minutes if you get stuck at the lights.

10. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

View walking from EPCOT resorts.

[​IMG]