• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which resort is a never or never again for you?

CBR. We absolutely hated the multiple bus stops. I can't remember the building we were in...I think it was pink...maybe Aruba? But it always seemed to be last. The only reason we'd chosen CBR to begin with is because my daughters' dance studio was going and that was the assigned resort.

I don't think we would stay at the GF. We've gone to dinner at 1900 Park Fare, and while we loved our meal, the vibe of the resort was just a bit fancy for us.

Full disclosure though, I don't have a lot of experience with the resorts. Other than CBR, we've only stayed POFQ and AoA and loved both. We are staying deluxe for the first time this summer at WL and I cannot wait.

I can't really say I wouldn't stay at any WDW resort that I have been at again. I think if I have to pick one...Poly but I want to give the new room refurbs a go. Prior the refurbs I was not a fan...they showed their age.

I've never stayed at any of the Disney hotels before and am planning a trip next month for my youngest sons birthday. Now I'm wondering if I made the right call and should avoid them. Kind of surprised by all of these reviews.

I've never stayed at any of the Disney hotels before and am planning a trip next month for my youngest sons birthday. Now I'm wondering if I made the right call and should avoid them. Kind of surprised by all of these reviews.
We’ve stayed several times in different spots as have so many of my friends. No complaints whatsoever. They’re fun (if you choose a themed hotel, we love the values!). Some people have different priorities and abilities, and these reviews really highlight that.

This is an easy answer for me. I’ll never stay at anything above a value or a moderate (at a good discount). As I’ve said in other posts, we are budget travelers and the prices at other resorts blow my mind. We stay on property maybe every third trip when the whole family doesn’t go; otherwise we rent a Windsor Hills condo or similar for cheaper than any resort hotel.
That being said a friend is planning a November trip renting DVC so I’ll get to experience one of those resorts for the first time at a 50% off rate (splitting room). I’d be lying if I said the pools and walking options weren’t tempting at the deluxe hotels but we travel elsewhere for lounging by the water and a bit of luxury. If we blew our budget at Disney, we couldn’t do that.

There are a lot of frequent Disney flyers on here. This is a thread for where you don’t like to stay. If you asked all these people whether or not to stay on property the majority of them will tell you to do so. Of course the benefits to staying on property aren’t as good as they used to be but the convenience can’t be beat (though I miss magical express dearly). There are also threads for what’s your favorite resort and those will highlight the great things about all of the resorts. I would suggest you read some of those before deciding to bail on staying on site. It really is a different experience.

POP. We had a ground floor room and they were power washing or something. Entire area was flooded and even into our room. Everything got muddy. Never again.

Poly- we stayed in the DVC rooms and they were just too dark for me. Maybe if we stayed in a lake view it would be better. I'll try out the new tower they're building.

The Grand Floridian. I stayed once, and didn't find it at all worth the cost. The theming isn't for me. I mean, if someone wants to give me a free stay there, I'll take it... LOL. But I prefer the Poly or Contemporary aesthetics.

We have stayed at all the deluxe resorts except Yacht and Boardwalk is our least favorite, our room was a long walk and we just didn’t enjoy the theming. We have stayed at all Moderate resorts except for Riverside. We were very excited to stay at CBR after the skyliner, but would have to say it’s the one resort we wouldn’t stay at again. It’s so spread out. Busses take forever to get around the whole resort, the themed pool was a long walk for us and we really enjoy a pool bar. The room theme wasn’t appealing, it was vert dark. The food court was awful. The food selection was so limited. I do hate to say it, but we agreed when we left that we wouldn’t be back.

Even though I loved the room at POP!, the resort music was bafflingly terrible (it was pop music's most overplayed songs, not pop music's greatest hits) in the main building (check in, shop, dining) and main pool. So I'd want to limit my exposure, and that's not an ideal set up...

Beach Club! I would even take values over it. Too expensive and really not a fan of the pool. Plus the last time we were there, they were doing construction super early in the morning and it woke us all up! For the cost of their rooms, they could have afforded to block a few!

Pop. Scooters everywhere, too many people, bus stop chaos. The resort itself was fine. The room was clean and comfortable, the pools were fun and the food court was really good.
But we will never stay at a value again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter