Which Resort has the best walking trail

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by BadDad, Oct 17, 2013.

1. BadDad

BadDad Mouseketeer

My family's Disney vacation schedule usually consists of:

Day 1: check-in relax @ resort
    Day 2: Theme Park
    Day 3: recharge @ resort
    Day 4: Theme Park
    Day 5: recharge @ resort
    Etc

On other resort days it's the pool and trails around the resort.
    We've been to CSR, POR, CR, WL, and Swan (loved walking to DHS & back on the boat)

But which one has the coolest and longest walking trail?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. POOHsie

POOHsie DIS Veteran

Ft. Wilderness has trails (paths), and you can get there from WL by a path or boat launch.

4. GrandCalifornian

GrandCalifornian Can't Wait To Go Back

We love walking the paths from WL towards FW. We started most days with a quiet walk there during our first trip.

Which walk is "best" is hard to determine though, because the Epcot resorts are nice in that there are a lot of other resorts and even two theme parks you can walk to, while the WL to FW walk feels like you are in the middle of nowhere, which is a relaxing contrast to the busy parks.

5. Babsy

Babsy DIS Veteran

Hmmm! I didn't know that any resorts had a walking trail as such. As others have posted, the walk from Epcot through Epcot resorts and on th DHS is nice. Also around Fort Wilderness and WL.

Perhaps a walk around the golf courses? Are you able to do that? I suppose you can is you pay for a round of golf at least.

It looks like you have stayed at the resorts that are spread out enough to walk around in like CSR and POR. CBR is spread much the same way as the other large mods, so you could try there. I would wait until after the upcoming refurb though.

We like to walk around the theme parks especially World showcase in Epcot, but that probably isn't what you had in mind.

6. MouseyMin

MouseyMin DIS Veteran

The Caribbean Resort has a lovely walking trail around the lake.

7. MinnieGirl33

MinnieGirl33 Hockey Mom

Saratoga Springs

8. abner1776

abner1776 DIS Veteran

While I have not taken this route, the trails around OKW over to SSR are suppose to be wonderful but since they are not well lit, keep your walks to daylight hours.

9. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

I am quite taken with the CR. You walk along the walkway to the MK and keep going to the boat dock for the GF/Poly and walk past it. The walkway will take you down along the 7 seas lagoon and will end in a small area with trees and benches. It is a great location to watch the monorail and boats go by plus if you go there at night you can watch the electric water parade come out of its storage canal. When you loose interest go back take the boat to the GF and walk from the GF to the poly and then onto the TTC. You can then take the resort monorail back to the CR. Full circle around the 7-seas lagoon. If you time it correctly you can catch the fireworks from the MK plus the electric water parade. If you get the refillable mugs you can refill them in the CR, GF and Poly...

10. mom2rb

mom2rb DIS Veteran

I love walking around SSR. It is so peaceful.

11. TokyoSunrise

TokyoSunrise Earning My Ears

We love staying at the Epcot resorts. It's a great walk to Epcot and DHS. That's mainly why we stay there to avoid using the transportation. And if we are really ambitious, we walk through Epcot to take the monorail to MK.

12. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

"Trails" are probably going to be few, best bet is Fort Wilderness. Plenty of great walking paths (hard surface) to enjoy. This site might help you out some for ideas...

http://www.disneyrunning.com/wdwtrails.html