Which resort has the "best" concierge?

Randi

<font color=purple>Don't you dare dangle my meat i
I have read so many reports on these boards that I am seeing double! I just can't make up my mind, which is so unusual since the resort is the first thing we decide! Trip is tentatively planned for the end of Oct 2003. Have never stayed at the con. level, but have been trying to stay at a different place each visit. The only 2 deluxes we have not tried are WL and BWI. I loved the AKL and I have read great things about that con.
Can anyone help with pros & cons? I am about ready to toss the names in a hat & just pick one!
forgot to mention, it is 2 adults. My grown son and myself. He uses a wheelchair while at WDW due to a heart condition and we both try to follow a low-sodium diet.

Maybe this can help your decision. The Hawaii building at the Polynesian, which is the concierge building is getting extensively refurbished and should be completed by September. So the room should be practically new. I've also heard that the concierge services & food offerings are very good there.

If I were you, I would try the boardwalk.

I love the WL, but boardwalk has boat launches to the studios and epcot, which are convienient and easier than the buses. (No waiting for a wheelchair-friendly bus). The rooms at BWI are beautiful, and the concierge is wonderful. A few of my college program friends and I splurged and spent a night in their concierge level during our program and loved it. Keeping in the resort's theme of 1920's Atlantic City, instead of a chocolate on your pillow you get salt water taffy!

Plus, at the boardwalk, there is a ton of stuff to do right there -- ESPN, Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance..

Of course, if you get a room with a view of the boardwalk, it can be kind of loud depending on what night it is. New carpet was put in many of the rooms last fall and a lot of guests had problems with the glue used (fumes and whatnot), but the renovations are done so there ought not to be any more problems with that.

My DS uses a special stroller and we love the BWI just fro the ease of the Friendship Boats. The concierge staff there is wonderful. Now if food offerings are the most important to you there is a better selection at other resorts. Polynesian having the most food.

The AKL has absolutely the BEST concierge. The Polynesian isn't far behind. THe BWI is nicel but not my favorite. I didn't really care much for the YC. We won't even discuss my feelings towards GF concierge (it's the pits).

That said, due to your sons use of the wheelchair you might prefer the BWI simply for the ability to get to MGM and Epcot without using WDW transit.

Anne

Cant add much too what already being said ...
Ive only stayed at WL Concierge and it was a pleasant experience although they do not have a separate Concierge Lounge.

We are staying 3 nights at the AKL Concierge followed by 4 nights WL Concierge next month. The AKL Concierge along with the Ploynesian Concierge are the top-rated amongst all the WDW Public boards I visits (eg DIS, Debs, MousePlanet, PassPorter etc)

So watch for that TR when the Legend returns ... again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter