Which resort for teens?

FreshTressa

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
I had reservations at AKL, but my daughter saw the pictures and was meh.

Which resort would be good for me and my two quiet teens? I don't want something overrun by toddlers, but I still want them to have a fun experience. The pool area is very important to them. I thought AKL would be a good compromise, but I guess I failed.

I'm now thinking Yacht Club?

Any other suggestions?

My kids liked AKL, but liked Wilderness Lodge better. Roughly the same price, but they liked it more and had a little more freedom (they were old enough that they could take the boat over to MK, boat/monorail to Epcot, etc.) Plus they had some of the bunk rooms which made it a little easier for us...

The only problem with Wilderness Lodge is that I live in the Pacific Northwest in an area that LOOKS just like that...so it wouldn't be very adventurous for us, lol. But there is a reason we like living up here. We do love the wilderness. :)

Which resort would be good for me and my two quiet teens? I don't want something overrun by toddlers, but I still want them to have a fun experience. The pool area is very important to them. I thought AKL would be a good compromise, but I guess I failed.

Any other suggestions?

Before I opened your thread, my first thought was YC or BC.

Arguably the best pool in WDW, and even better when you don't have to worry about multiple small children wanting to all go in different directions. It's pretty big for a resort pool, some areas that aren't ideal for small kids, and the main walkway needs to be crossed to get to the slide. All issues with small children, but not teens. They also have a shallow section with a sand area to play in, so small kids usually are there instead of all around the pool area (since you mentioned overrun by toddlers).

The location can't be beat with teens, IMO. At that age more time tends to be spent in Epcot and DHS, which are both very easy to get to from YC/BC. When I stayed there as a teenager with my parents, I loved being able to go into Epcot whenever I wanted to (I still love that part of YC/BC :)).

The YC would be a great choice! I stayed there as a teen with a group from school for my first Disney trip and we all fell in love with it. Highlights were Stormalong Bay, Beaches and Cream and the calm walk to and from EPCOT. Now I hope to take my own family to Y&BC!

My teens love the YC /BW area. The YC/BC has a great pool and from the YC you can walk to the BW area. They love it at night and especially love walking around the Boardwalk. They love being able to walk into the countries of EPCOT by themselves for a snack or take the boat to HS. I would do YC or BW.

When my daughter was a teenager, she loved the Boardwalk. Being able to walk to the arcade at the ESPN club was fun for she and her guests. They also liked riding the surrey bikes. They did not like the YC/BC because the pool was overrun with little ones.
CSR was her favorite mod.

YC is a great choice with teens!!! They will love SB, walk to Epcot & DHS and the whole BW area!!

The only problem with Wilderness Lodge is that I live in the Pacific Northwest in an area that LOOKS just like that...so it wouldn't be very adventurous for us, lol. But there is a reason we like living up here. We do love the wilderness. :)

This is why we did not choose WL! We decided to stay in resorts that were themed differently than "home".

I second BC or YC. Pool is fabulous and Epcot is RIGHT there. The Boardwalk is a quick walk or boat ride away as is HS. Our teen walked to Epcot one afternoon for a snack! Lol. We liked to enjoy our evening meal at Epcot as there are so many choices and liked to "Eat Around the World" with small bites from multiple countries. With your two teens they can enjoy some freedom and explore a bit on their own.

Wherever you stay you will have a fabulous time!

We let DD choose our resort this year and she chose BC, she loves the beachy theme, location to Epcot and HS and the Boardwalk to walk around. SAB is nice especially if they have someone to swim with. We told her since it was her graduation trip she could pick, she did consider Poly too.

Any other suggestions?

I think BWI would be a good choice. We haven't stayed there but we have stayed at the BC and I think the BWI pool would be a little more relaxing for teens than SAB (just my opinion as I can't compare both since we've never experienced the pool at BWI). We liked our BC stay and I'm glad we got to try SAB, but we weren't wow'd by it and actually prefer other resort pools. SAB can get pretty crowded, IMO, since it is shared between 2 resorts. I also think staying on the boardwalk would be fun for your teens. With that said, I think any of the Epcot resorts would be a good choice if you are looking for lots of things to do.

When my daughter was a teenager, she loved the Boardwalk. Being able to walk to the arcade at the ESPN club was fun for she and her guests. They also liked riding the surrey bikes. They did not like the YC/BC because the pool was overrun with little ones.
my ds, dd, and nephews felt the same - BC is great for toddlers, YC is elegant & quieter, but shares SAB, which tends to be very crowded & noisy

SSR is a great option (beautiful & serene, possibility of a short walk to DTD), but you might find BWI/BWV most suited for everyone: yummy bakery, nighttime carny games & entertainment, ESPN, dining - all within walking distance of your room.
and...they can walk to EPCOT or DHS on a whim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter