• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Resort for Pre-Christmas?

Cinder-Belle

Cinder-Belle
Hi-

I know others are asking similar questions and I did read those threads. :)

1) I need a resort suggestion for a possible trip. It will be just my mom (63) and I (36). We will be focused on Disney Holiday decor and Holiday shows, etc... No kids or our men (sorry) to slow us down.

I would prefer a deluxe or moderate resort. I have enjoyed the AKL, Contemporary, and Carribbean in the past.

I want a resort that really put on the holiday flair. We will visit MANY other esorts just to look at the decor or to dine.

I am looking at Contemporary or Poly so far.

Please tell me what influences your answers in one way or another. That will help me a great deal!

2) Are there likely to be deals coming out for the early December stays??

Thanks for any help you can offer!!!

Neither the Contemporary or the Poly are very Christmas-y in December. They dress up, but they aren't as elaborate as some of the other resorts.

I would give the "holiday flair" award to the Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, or Grand Floridian. All three resorts have huge Christmas trees in the main lobby. WL's tree is decorated with "outdoorsy" ornaments. AKL's tree has animals (and if I recall correctly, butterflies that flap their wings). GF has a huge tree, as well as a life-size gingerbread house in the main lobby, and they actually sell gingerbread cookies from within the house.

And yes, there are likely going to be deals for early December stays.... but watch out because I believe the second week of December is the huge Meet & Greet for AllEarsNet. It looks like a lot of fun, but it will probably bring a lot of guests that are going to be on top of things with booking resorts and ADRs.

We thought the WL was beautiful with its holiday decorations last Dec. My ILs stayed there and said the fireplace was really cozy since it was cold when we were there and they enjoyed having a glass of wine by the fire in the evening. Also, when they were sitting in the lobby one night a group of bellringers was performing which they enjoyed.

Thanks Figment- great pictures!

Thanks LittleMiss- that helps me narrow dates.

now if they would just bring out those deals!!! ;)

We have always stayed at the Contemporary when we go at Christmas time- it's really convenient to get to all of the places that have a lot of Christmas things going on, like the Magic Kingdom with the party and back in the day the Contemporary with the dinner in the convention center!

All of the hotels around the monorail are beautifully decorated for the holidays, and you can easily take the monorail to Epcot for the Candlelight Processional and then walk to the Epcot hotels to see their decorations!

I would recommend Wilderness Lodge. In fact, the woodsy decor reminds me of Christmas time as it is. Plus, you would be in close proximity to visit the GF and see all of their decorations.:)

From past experiences, IMHO, the two "most Christmasy" Resorts are Wilderness Lodge and The Beach Club. My favorite is he CR... and they are all decorated for Christmas... but with the main lobby as it is, the WL has a real "wow" factor. :wizard:

Hi there!!

My mom and I did a simliar trip last holiday season. We stayed at WL, and LOVED it. We spent a little extra money on the courtyard view, and had a wonderful view of the pool and lake from our balcony and our front door looked out on to the lobby and that gorgeous Christmas tree! :thumbsup2

I would also recommend coming down right after Thanksgiving/first week in December. The Pop Warner cheerleaders came down the second week in December last year. Due to recommendations from friends and our travel agent, we checked out the day they arrived.

Enjoy planning your trip, and have a wonderful time!!!:santa:

We stayed at AKL this past december and felt totally immersed in the Disney Christmas spirit! WL and GF is all great for the holiday feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter