• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Resort for Christmas? Help!

roozlilone

"Por favor mantengase alejado"
Working on a surprise Christmas trip for my DH! He is a Christmas baby so it is also his birthday present! Which resort has the best decorations? Christmas activities? I'm a newbie to the peak/holiday season and don't know what to expect. We always go in the summer. Looking at the mods, AKL, WL etc. Does anyone ever swim during this time? Please help! :confused3

I would say WL has got to be the best. It has the real feeling of a northern Christmas, with the fireplace going, the carrolers singing in the lobby...but if you are thinking of this Christmas, you aren't going to get ressies there. They are the first to book up for that time of year..... You may be able to get one on a fluke, but I wouldn't count on it...

I second the WL.

Though if not available, try one of the following:

Grand Floridian
Yacht/Beach Club

I have been to WL twice during Christmas time and it is awsome. This year we are trying out the Boardwalk Inn, just to see something different. I hope we like it as much as WL.

Check out www.allears.net under Holiday Happenings or Holiday Resort Activities. (I hope the URL goes through, if it doesn't p.m. me.)

I've never stayed at WL at xmas, but it is just a boat or bus ride away from Ft. Wilderness and the nightly hayride there through the campground to view the xmas lights and decorations of all the guests is not to be missed. WL offers a carriage ride, but I don't think it would be as viewer friendly as the hayride with all the guest xmas displays at the campground.

I love WL at Christmas time! It is so perfectly suited to Christmas decorations.
I also love GF, Y&B and BWI at Christmas time. Oh - and the Poinsettia Tree & train at the Dolphin is very impressive.

I guess what I am saying is that any of the Deluxe resorts are espeially gorgeous at the Holidays.

I've never been to CSR at x-mas but if you visit my website below, you can see many photos of the resort.

dfkhex.jpg

dfkkfq.jpg

dfkk7l.jpg

dfkkd0.jpg

In all my trips, I've never been at Xmas, so I can't wait this year.

But my advice is to book whatever resort you're interested in ASAP.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Viki said:
In all my trips, I've never been at Xmas, so I can't wait this year.

But my advice is to book whatever resort you're interested in ASAP.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I've got to agree with you! You have to find your resort ASAP, but if you can have WL go for it!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Just checked on Disney.com, and they're still rooms available at WL, but hurry because it might not last long!!!

My personal favorite for Xmas is OKW. Something about tropical holiday decorations and steel drum carols by the pool that just appeals to me. Imagine sitting by the pool, cool beverage in hand, singing carols and remembering that it is probably snowing at home

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter