Which resort for a 2 bedroom villa would you choose?

Which resort for a 2 bedroom villa would you choose?

• Beach Club

• Wilderness Lodge

• Boardwalk

• Animal Kingdom Lodge

Results are only viewable after voting.

JJ&JSMOM

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about renting points and getting a 2 bedroom villa for the extra space. Didn't know if anyone had any preferences on resorts. I know OKW villas are larger then the others but I think we want something closer to the parks so I thats why you don't see OKW & SS on the poll.

If you have time to put why you prefer one over the other I'd appreciate it. Thanks for any all advice.

Well, of course I was going to vote for OKW, but since you didn't include that choice I'd have to go for BCV. Its quiet, yet slightly closer to Epcot than BWV. AKL is fine for AK, but quite far away from the other parks. Similarly, VWL is OK for the MK, but getting to the other parks takes a while.

Without knowing about where your family is going to spend most of their time, I will go ahead and vote for VWL. It is convenient to MK (you will likely spend a fair amount of time there with kids) and it doesn't take very long to get to the other parks. I found the bus transportation to be very efficient when I was there in Sept. We loved the theming and tranquility yet the kids had a blast exploring the lodge lobby and at the pool. The villas were great and I don't think you will be disappointed!

If I can answer any questions you have about VWL with kids, please ask!

:wizard:

My vote would go to Beach Club. I love the atmosphere and themeing of this resort. The pool just can't be beat by any of the other resorts and walking through International Gateway would be a big bonus for me.

I said BWI because we just stayed there and it was incredible, so close to 2 parks! The BC is way too loud and noisy and chaotic, the AKL is too far away from everything and the WL has to rely on the buses for everything.

Thanks for all the replies. We spend the majority of our time at MK and Animal Kingdom. Now that the kids are older I think Epcot will be up there as well. Not sure what we'll do. I'm not too sure on the renting process - I have visited the DVC boards many times and read the Rental Primer sticky. Seems like all works well if you get a reliable and honest renter but there are no guarantees we will. Maybe too risky for me. So we may just pick 2 rooms or a the FW cabin.

Thanks for all the advice.

I recently stayed at both BCV and VWL in a dedicated 2BR. I liked VWL much better--the resort was smaller, I liked the setting, and preferred the layout of the building. Plus, you can catch a bus, boat, or walk, to Ft. Wilderness, as well as take a bus or boat to MK. At BCV we were in the villa at the very end of the hall, looking out over the parking lot, and so, far from everything it seemed. My 12 year old cousin liked BCV best because of Stormalong Bay. At BCV you can walk over to the Boardwalk or to Epcot or take the boat to HS.

BUT I would go with any of them...

We are DVC members because we love the space we get in the villas...We have stayed at all of your choices....We loved them all but I would say we would put the Boardwalk at the bottom of the list...

We love the location of the Beach and Boardwalk...It is great to be so close to the two parks...But the pool is amazing at the Beach and there are more options for people on the dining plan...Boardwalk is very limited on the dining plan...The Beach also has a very relaxing atmosphere and is close to the Boardwalk for the fun nightlife...It is terrific to be a five minute walk away from your room after a viewing of Illuminations!

We love the WL and AKL for different reasons...The rooms we stayed in were of equal size and both had more than enough room...We love the boat transportation to the MK for the WL and we love seeing the animals from our room at the AK...We would not stay at the AK unless we have a savanna view...AK is a bit far from the parks and we are not big into the table service options there...We love the counter service at both the WL and AKL...The pool wins at AK....

The villas are a great option...Being on property is priceless...Free transportation, extra magic hours, being so close to everything, and the dining plan...I think you will be happy with your decision to rent....Good luck!

I voted for BC because:

1. Stormalong Bay

2. You can get to 2 major parks without taking any busses!

3. The back-door entrance to Epcot is really nice at night!:)

Thank you for your replies. Not sure what we're going to do. Renting might be too much of a headache so we may stay deluxe 1 room or moderate w/2 rooms.

Thanks again.

I said BWI because we just stayed there and it was incredible, so close to 2 parks! The BC is way too loud and noisy and chaotic, the AKL is too far away from everything and the WL has to rely on the buses for everything.

BCV is incredibly peaceful. The lobby of the BC is usually bustling but not BCV.

Thank you for your replies. Not sure what we're going to do. Renting might be too much of a headache so we may stay deluxe 1 room or moderate w/2 rooms.

Thanks again.

Renting is soooo not a headache. We just returned from our 4th stay renting points. Three times at the Beach Club Villas and once at the Boardwalk Villas.

We love the location of both those resorts . To me once you find the person who wants to rent points, and your reservation is made, everything else is done.
Yea, you have to find a person you can trust, but its a risk for the renter too. Its wonderful and as long as we can go that route , we will.

I voted for AKL. We love it there.

We have also stayed at BWV and BCV and enjoyed our stay there as well. Never stayed at the VWL but I bet they are very nice and it's a good MK location.

Really you can't go wrong with any of them.

Renting a reservation can work out pretty good for the non-member. But, when are you going? That will factor in a bunch with getting that reservation. If it is holiday time or less than five months out, or you want a specific, difficult to get villa, you may be too late already.

A member can make a reservation at their home resort 11 months out. So early Oct reservation can be made about now.

A member can make a reservation at their home resort 11 months out. So early Oct reservation can be made about now.

I know. My DH is not too keen on the renting process and is no help at all in making any decisions. A year in advance is crazy to plan a vacation- he thinks anyway. I think its great! Not too sure on our dates and kids school schedule but we'll see. A 2 bedroom villa would be so nice for the 5 of us. I'd really love to try the Comtemporary Towers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter