Which resort for 14 year old

Dawn disneyholic

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I am planning a trip to Disney with my 14 year old son, i have stayed there before, but only in the All Star Movie's and Sports and was wondering which resort would be best suited for my 14 year old. Also there will only be the two of us and was wanting to know if anyone else has done this as i am not sure if my son will find it a little lonely just being with his mum.:rolleyes:

For a moderate resort I would choose Coronado Springs. The pool is more impressive and the slide fairly long. It is also not a "frilly" resort with flowery fabrics in the rooms.
If you want to go deluxe I would think he would like the Yacht or beach club. The pool complex is great and there is action over at the boardwalk at night and you can walk or take boats to Epcot and Disney MGM Studios.
Animal Kingdom Lodge might do the trick too if he likes animals.

I would recomend the BWI. We took our girls who are 9 ,13 and 15 . They met quite a few kids there at the pool and the Boardwalk area. We are going again this summer. It is there favorite hotel in Disney and we have stayed at all the deluxe hotels.

Uh oh, a 14 year old boy with an English accent. If you're going in August and stay at ASMo, I'll have to keep a close eye on my 14 year old DD. ;)

I would say the Yacht or Beach Club. Lots of things to do to keep busy within a short distance from your resort. And he'll love the pool!

For a moderate: Coronado Springs
For Deluxe: BWI/YC/BC

It's a toss-up on the Deluxe end. SAB at YC/BC is widely regarded as being the best "on-property" pool, but I have heard a great deal of votes for the BWI pool complex as well.

Brian

Thanks to everybody who has replied. But after looking through the brochures it looks like it's going to have to be one of the moderate's. Its just too expensive to stay in a deluxe after adding airfare and all coming from England.

Be sure to check out the Swan/Dolphin if you are govt/nurse/teacher. We are just back from the Swan-it is a gorgeous deluxe that my 15 yr old DS enjoyed, and it has just as easy access to the Boardwalk and Epcot as the YC. The $129 rate for the professions above is as good as you would get at a moderate. I didn't feel any lack of the magic at all, and we have stayed at POR before.

That being said, we liked POR too! It has a large arcade if your son likes that, and I like the Old South theme.

Dawn, I can completely understand how the budget can be a concern especially since you have airfare from England. Different trips we've had different budgets too and haven't had to travel from so far away. There have been times that we've stayed at deluxe resorts, once a moderate, and once the All Stars. They were all nice vacations and I can honestly say although we enjoyed deluxe resorts we enjoyed the others and it didn't change our vacation fun at all. The moderate we have stayed at was Port Orleans Riverside and we enjoyed it. I have a good friend with sons your son's age and they have stayed at both CBR and at Coronado Springs. They prefer Caribbean Beach and say their teens love it. This is just meant to give you some imput because I know everyone has varying opinions. I guess what I'm trying to say is you and your son will have a wonderful time no matter where you choose. And make sure you check www.mousesavers.com and the forums for various discounts. Depending on when you're traveling they are often available so do not just go by brochure rates!!! If you ask most travel agents or don't know what type of discount to ask for you will end up paying more for a room than you need to. If you need help, ask as everyone here is most helpful. Hope this helps!

We've stayed at several resorts from value to deluxe. In my opinion (keep in mind we don't have children), All Star Sports would be a good choice. It seems all of the team events associated with Wide World of Sports tend to stay there. We've stayed there three times and it was crawling with teens! With only two in a room you will be fine with the room size and the food court is very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter