Which Resort? (Based on convenience to MK and "classyness factor")

starlitsinger88

Earning My Ears
Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip to WDW with my parents a boyfriend, and could appriciate your help in choosing which on-site hotel to stay at. I'm looking to stay somewhere that has quick travel times to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Downtown Disney (in that order). I'm also looking for something that has the special Disney factor. However, there are no kids is our group, so it's really more about being extra classy and pretty. I've narrowed it down to the following options based on price. What would you all recommend? Am I missing any other obvious option?

Art of Animation
Boardwalk Villas (via vacation rental)
Old Key West (via vacation rental)
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach Resort

Thanks for your input!

We just returned last week from a stay at Bay Lake Tower (next to Contemporary). For ease of getting to Magic Kingdom and Epcot you can't beat it. Walk to Magic Kingdom or take the Monorail. Monorail also to Epcot.
Very modern rooms-we stayed in a lake view studio and it was very nice. We sat on our balcony every night and watched the Electrical Parade. One night we went up to the Top of the World Lounge (exclusive to Bay Lake Tower) and watched the Wishes fireworks from Magic Kingdom (they pipe in the music).
Have a magical vacation wherever you decide to stay but Bay Lake Tower has my vote!
Forgot to mention that you would have to rent DVC vacation points to stay there but there are several places to do so along with a forum on DISboards

If those are your choices I'd pick Boardwalk Villas above all else. It's closer to Epcot & HS (vs MK) - walking distance in fact (and these days, for me location is everything!) If DVCs are in your budget, don't discount Beach Club Villas either.

Any of the Mods would also do....but for your criteria, I personally would put AoA at the bottom of your list.

Good luck choosing!

I am with drgnfly30. I would stay on the epcot side for an adults only trip. There is so much to do over there and then you are just a short walk to your hotel. Have fun!

The only one on your list we have visited was Port Orleans Riverside. There are kids but I would classify it as a more adult resort. You can get the boat from there to Downtown Disney. I don't remember the bus rides being that long. Unless you are Disney nuts I agree with a previous poster that says put AoA at the bottom of your list. If you had young kids then it would be #1.

Picking your resort is the hardest part of planning your trip.

You might consider Wilderness Lodge also, either the lodge or VWL. We stayed at OKW last year and loved it.

Have stayed at all except AOA, OKW, would recommend BWV or BCV. Great atmosphere , lots to do lots of dining choices and close to DHS and a short walk to Epcot. Enjoy!

Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip to WDW with my parents a boyfriend, and could appriciate your help in choosing which on-site hotel to stay at. I'm looking to stay somewhere that has quick travel times to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Downtown Disney (in that order). I'm also looking for something that has the special Disney factor. However, there are no kids is our group, so it's really more about being extra classy and pretty. I've narrowed it down to the following options based on price. What would you all recommend? Am I missing any other obvious option?

Art of Animation
Port Orleans Riverside
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach Resort

Thanks for your input!

Not sure when you are planning on going, but if you plan on a DVC rental, hopefully you won't be going until sometime in 2014. It is going to be hard to get a reservation at a DVC resort between now and early January.

I second Bay Lake Tower. It has great access to the parks as above, fits the classy adult vibe very well. You can do a cash reservation or points. We got 20%off rack rate with AAA.

Hey guys,

Art of Animation
Port Orleans Riverside
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach Resort

Thanks for your input!

If your top priorities are being classy and proximity to MK, you should be staying at Bay Lake Towers without a doubt. If BLT is not an option it should be Old Key West if you are looking for a quiet place with bigger rooms and good location. Boardwalk is great if you are looking to have some drinks and a little more of an adult night life away from the parks. You can walk to Epcot or DHS and have some places to hang out at the Boardwalk itself. MK is a quick bus ride. You really can't go wrong with any of those 3 options.

Grand Floridan very close to Magic Kingdom with a boat or monorail ride. It is very elegant and classy. Bay Lake Tower is also a good choice. Caribbean Beach resort is very relaxing, beautiful, and a good location if you don't mind just using busses.

Hey guys,

Art of Animation
Port Orleans Riverside
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach Resort

Thanks for your input!

Given that you want quick travel time to MK, classy, and pretty, I'd have to venture off your list and suggest GF. I think it may be one of the classiest and prettiest resorts near MK. It is just a monorail ride away and you can see the Castle and Wishes right from the resort.

The resorts you listed will all require a bus or car to get to MK as they are not right near MK. I think Port Orleans Riverside is very pretty and quaint, but rooms are quite small and I believe just have 2 double beds. I like Boardwalk Inn, have not stayed at the villas, but it's a beautiful area in general and would be great for teens/adults.

I'd also suggest taking a look at WL or WL villas. They are near MK but not on the actual monorail loop (which keeps the price down a bit). You can take a boat to MK and also see Wishes from some parts of WL.

I suggest Poly because you can take the monorail to either MK or EP without having to transfer (for EP walk over to the TTC). Also I think the grounds at Poly are really pretty and it is fun to watch Wishes from the beach.

classy then yacht club all the way! walk to epcot or hs or take the ferry to either! stormalong bay, hot tubs, beaches and cream for the kitchen sink, the beautiful grounds the beach area, the boardwalk at nightime, yacht club is awesome!:goodvibes

Hey guys,

Art of Animation
Port Orleans Riverside
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach Resort

Thanks for your input!

Of the choices you have narrowed down to, I don't believe any of them would be very convenient to MK and I'm not sure they could be considered classy either.

As other posters have indicated, to have both convenience to MK and classy - GF or BLT would be the two that come to mind for me (GF having the edge on the classiness factor)

For quick access to Epcot and classiness, YC comes to mind.

I'm not sure when you are planning on going, but GF will have villas opening late this year, hopefully - if you are planning on a late year trip or early next year, you may be able to rent points there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter