• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Resort?....3 Adults, 1 Child, ! Baby

ManCityMickey

There's one striker money can't buy.
Can you recommend any resort for our first trip? We are 3 Adults, Me, DW and my mother-in-law (yes, I am an angel, I know!)

We were thinking of POFQ, but are still undecided.

Which resort would you choose?

Thanks.

Seriously, I'd get 2 rooms at a Value resort...no matter how much you all love each other, sharing a room with 3 adults & 2 kids...not going to be very relaxing for anyone involved.

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure 2 rooms at a Value would be very close to same price as one room at a Moderate...we did both POFQ and POP this year. Liked both resorts just fine (we've also stayed at Deluxe.)

:dance3: Thanks catne, I'll look into that......

.....Who said we all love each other though???

:rotfl: :dance3: :rotfl:

Here is a little info about the Family Suites at All Star Music:

I love the pool activies and nightly movie they show on a large inflatable screen by the Calypso ( main) pool.

Here is a photo of the sign with posted activities for June 2008:

ActivitiesatASMupool.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

The Family Suites start at $184 a night duing the 2008 value season.

(FW Cabins run about $70 more a night than a Family Suite. If you rent a golf cart for easier transportation in the FW area than you need to figure about $50 more a day for the golf cart rental)

Most of the Disney resorts (excluding DVC) charge extra for more than 2 adults in a room.
The Family Suites do not charge extra for extra adults.
1-6 adults can stay in the Family Suites for the same et price.
The Family Suites have discounts available also so if you keep your eyes open you just may snag a great deal.

---------------------------------------------

Family Suite info:

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers
The pullout chair and large ottoman each pull out into standard size twin beds.
(4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed Internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

Thanks Linda, I didn't even know they had Family Suites at ASMu.

Looks like the best solution so far!!

One option to consider is the Fort Wilderness Cabins. They sleep 6 plus an infant and have a full kitchen. Only one bath, though. If you want more information, there are lots of nice people on the camping board who would be glad to help.

Have a great trip!

Leslie

Any Disney Vacation Club one bedroom would work fine. They have a full kitchen, washer dryer, separate bedroom with king bed, one bathroom but conveniently divided into 2 rooms with shower in one and tub in the other, comfortable sofa bed for MIL and child.

I agree with Elizabeth - a one bedroom at any DVC would be ideal. Full kitchen, jacuzzi tub and a great master bedroom. The rooms at OKW are the largest but all of the DVC are deluxe resorts and have great amenities. I would check into renting points here on the Disboard from a DVC owner and save about half of what Disney charges. Good Luck!

If your not wanting to spend big then go for 2 connecting rooms at a value, we have stayed at POP and really enjoyed it. You would have extra space and 2 bathrooms,plus it would be so much easier putting the kids down for a nap or bed if there were 2 rooms.
If you really like PO then go for Riverside and request a room with a trundle bed for your little one. While you will have room for the pack and play for the baby your family will be packed in like sardines at night!

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter