Which resale companies are reputable to deal with please?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Bertie131, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Bertie131

Bertie131 DIS Veteran

I know the Timeshare store is since it is on this site, but do you recommend others? Just starting all my research for a resale contract and I guess this is one of the first steps. Do you then talk with these companies on the phone or is it all done online? Thanks so much.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. bdoleary

bdoleary Mouseketeer

I had a great experience with Sharon at Fidelity - we spoke once or twice by phone but most of the communication was by email.

4. JimMIA

JimMIA A little Miami humor...

"Reputable" is one of those loaded terms that probably isn't a good word choice, because all of the major brokers are reputable. They are all duly licensed and regulated by the State of Florida, and in fact, have to conform to exactly the same standards of ethical and professional conduct as Disney itself.

"Effective" is probably a different story, and each of us can only draw on our own experiences. I have bought and sold through The Timeshare Store, the long-time sponsor of these boards -- and have had amazing service from them. To me, they are the pros -- the standard the others try to match.

But all of the major players are certainly "reputable."

5. JimC

JimC DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Another who has used our sponsor, The Timeshare Store, to buy and sell. Highly recommend them for their knowledge and service. When considering a broker, use the BBB to check on the company and the state to check on the broker's license.

6. jrpeterson5

jrpeterson5 Earning My Ears

Couldn't agree more!! She is second to none and I have tried "the sponsor" too. I'm on my fourth offer and second ROFR with Sharon and she is fast, responsive, honest, and fair. She will not baulk at any offer you make-she does her job and presents it to the seller. Highly recommended!!

7. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

Ive dealt with TSS and Fidelity and had great experiences with buying and selling at both.

8. Bertie131

Bertie131 DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the great responses! I have contacted one of the companies and they do not have anything that I am looking for at this time. I am on the e-mail list. Do you guys recommend get my name in several of the companies so I can have a wider pool to choose from? TIA!

9. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

I would.

10. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Definitely recommend you get your name on several lists.

11. kyle051777

kyle051777 Mouseketeer

We used fidelity and they were great!!

12. WILDERNESS FAN 55

WILDERNESS FAN 55 CANNOT GET ENOUGH

I used Fidelity. Great job by Rachel over there.

13. BLLB

BLLB <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

We used TSS twice. Great experience, highly recommend them.