Which requests for beach club standard view?

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We just booked an awesome deal at beach club for October and I can’t wait!! I’m just not sure what to put on my online requests. We usually do highest floor but seems like we can’t do that since we didn’t pick club level. Any ideas?

I’m going to be honest, most standard view rooms at the BC are looking at rooftops and are not great. We’ve stayed at the BC twice, both times in a standard view room. The first time we were upgraded to a garden view and it was lovely. The second time, we were in a standard room on the third floor that overlooked a rooftop. When on the balcony if you looked to the right, we had a good, partial view of Spaceship Earth and the front of the resort. I’d actually request a room that is important to you and not worry about the view. My requests when staying at the BC are 1. Full balcony 2. A sleeper sofa. 3. Close to lobby.

I would request full balcony and close to elevators as standard view at Beach. I've stayed in this category a couple times and had okay results view-wise, especially since my expectations were nil. I also like "no connecting room" because I find it quieter, but don't always remember to add it.

I agree with PP. Standard View rooms will be a rooftop or parking lot.
I would make Full Balcony, Higher Floor my requests.

Thank you for all of the replies. I think we will probably do the higher floor and full balcony requests. I’m not hoping for an upgrade since it’ll be in October. I think I would rather have a parking lot view than the top of the roof but idk.

We had a room that looked over the front entrance which was nice. I put high floor close to lobby as my choices

We had a room that looked over the front entrance which was nice. I put high floor close to lobby as my choices
I was using touring plans and saw some decent views by the lobby. Should we change our full balcony to close to lobby?

Does anyone know if we would have a chance at a king bed with a standard view?

I was using touring plans and saw some decent views by the lobby. Should we change our full balcony to close to lobby?
Our room did not have a full balcony, it was one of those Juliet balconies. It would depend what is more important to you the full balcony or the nicer view. I really didn’t want a roof view so the nicer view was more important to me

Our room did not have a full balcony, it was one of those Juliet balconies. It would depend what is more important to you the full balcony or the nicer view. I really didn’t want a roof view so the nicer view was more important to me
I just asked dh and he said he would rather have the nicer view. I only saw two rooms that were standard view with a full balcony that weren’t overlooking the gravel roof.

I just asked dh and he said he would rather have the nicer view. I only saw two rooms that were standard view with a full balcony that weren’t overlooking the gravel roof.
Ya I find it weird they have balconies that look at gravel roofs. You could put what I did and also call and have a note made asking to look out at the front entrance to help them understand what you’re looking for

Ya I find it weird they have balconies that look at gravel roofs. You could put what I did and also call and have a note made asking to look out at the front entrance to help them understand what you’re looking for
The only request I put online if Highest floor. I'll have to call and add that it'll be my 25th birthday and ask for a room looking over the front entrance or some kind of greenery. I saw some standard rooms that had greenery in their view. I am pretty surprised they get away with charging 350+ per night for the rooms that overlook gravel. I showed a picture to my mom, dad, and DH today and they all were pretty disgusted by it.

My parents just booked a condo for the whole month of February on the beach and it was $60/night... with a huge balcony looking onto the ocean.

The only request I put online if Highest floor. I'll have to call and add that it'll be my 25th birthday and ask for a room looking over the front entrance or some kind of greenery. I saw some standard rooms that had greenery in their view. I am pretty surprised they get away with charging 350+ per night for the rooms that overlook gravel. I showed a picture to my mom, dad, and DH today and they all were pretty disgusted by it.

My parents just booked a condo for the whole month of February on the beach and it was $60/night... with a huge balcony looking onto the ocean.
Disney does charge ridiculous prices and get away with a lot. A lot has to do with location to the parks. When you stay at Beach Club you’ll be in walking distance of two parks and you’ll have access to their nice pool. Hopefully you get the requests you make.

The condo on the beach sounds like a nice deal.

OP, I worry a bit for you. You seem pretty invested in getting your requests. As a standard room you have a really good chance of getting that rooftop view, etc. If the thought of that is really hard to take, and will frustrate you every time you come back to your room, you might want to look at other resorts. I've gone plenty of times with no requests being honored and visa versa. It doesn't mean Disney is in the wrong if none of the requests are met. Sometimes that's just the way it goes with room inventory etc,

Meanwhile, have a wonderful time planning for your holidays. And may your trip be awesome when you go!!!!! :flower1:

The only request I put online if Highest floor. I'll have to call and add that it'll be my 25th birthday and ask for a room looking over the front entrance or some kind of greenery. I saw some standard rooms that had greenery in their view. I am pretty surprised they get away with charging 350+ per night for the rooms that overlook gravel. I showed a picture to my mom, dad, and DH today and they all were pretty disgusted by it...
Stayed BC standard view on my 50th bday last August (TA noted that on the reservation, and goodness knows Disney has my bday via MDE), and got large gravel roof view with trash on it (that never moved in 10 days), far from the lobby. And the balcony above us drained into the middle of ours. Maybe you will have better birthday luck on the room view! (We didn't care that much about any of it - we loved other aspects of the room - but it was kinda funny how different our garden view room was the year prior - that view was beautiful.)

ETA: Forgot about the whirring motor noise! Basically 24/7 (but always all night) there was some whirr sound - I guess from the service elevator 2 rooms away. They brought us a box fan to drown out the noise. Still would book BC and risk getting that room again, for Stormalong and walk to 2 parks.

If the view is going to make your vacation sad, I'd spend the extra $$ and upgrade to at least garden.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we would have a chance at a king bed with a standard view?

We had originally planned to get a standard view (and, yes, I believe that there are king beds) but decided to go for garden view and we'll be asking for king bed. I wasn't too keen on having a view of the rooftop and the garden view rooms tend to be in an area where you can get to an exit that's close to Epcot - no need to go to the lobby. If you're going to stick with standard view, I'd worry less about balcony and more about king bed if that's what you want or the location in the hotel.

OP, I worry a bit for you. You seem pretty invested in getting your requests. As a standard room you have a really good chance of getting that rooftop view, etc. If the thought of that is really hard to take, and will frustrate you every time you come back to your room, you might want to look at other resorts. I've gone plenty of times with no requests being honored and visa versa. It doesn't mean Disney is in the wrong if none of the requests are met. Sometimes that's just the way it goes with room inventory etc,

Meanwhile, have a wonderful time planning for your holidays. And may your trip be awesome when you go!!!!! :flower1:
If we get a rooftop view we will just deal with it. It was very hard for me to get this deal on the beach club through our ta so I won’t be switching resorts. We have always either gotten our requests granted or Disney has been willing to move us. When we stayed at akl we just had one night in a room we didn’t like and then they were more than willing to move us for the remainder of our stay. We just make sure we are very nice to the front desk staff when we ask.

We had originally planned to get a standard view (and, yes, I believe that there are king beds) but decided to go for garden view and we'll be asking for king bed. I wasn't too keen on having a view of the rooftop and the garden view rooms tend to be in an area where you can get to an exit that's close to Epcot - no need to go to the lobby. If you're going to stick with standard view, I'd worry less about balcony and more about king bed if that's what you want or the location in the hotel.
I asked dh and we both seem to be on the same page: we would rather have a king bed with a small balcony than a room with a large balcony that leads onto a rooftop. We’ll just have to see when we get there what we get!

I really wouldn’t worry about the view much. We rarely spend time on our balcony - even when we had a garden view and the view was lovely. The location of the BC is what you’re paying for. Being able to walk to both Epcot and DHS is priceless. We also love the Boardwalk area location. Many evenings we enjoy strolling over there and just walking around the Crescent Lake area. The rooms at the BC are lovely and my boys could spend their whole trip in Stormalong Bay. I wouldn’t put much weight on the room view. Just enjoh the BC for everything else it has to offer.

Rooms overlooking gravel is the Standard View. If it is not acceptable to you you need to think about a different category or a different resort.
DH and I gladly pay Disney BCV prices in October and way lower Gulf Coast Condo prices in February. IMHO they are TOTALLY different.

I asked dh and we both seem to be on the same page: we would rather have a king bed with a small balcony than a room with a large balcony that leads onto a rooftop. We’ll just have to see when we get there what we get!
Even with King bed as a primary request it will take Luck to get it. There are relatively few. BC is a family Disney Resort. Room bed configuration are geared to families needing multiple beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter