Which preferred building is best at Pop Century?

Cin

DIS Veteran
Mom and I are traveling a day ahead of schedule so I got a room for 1 night at Pop Century. We paid for a preferred location. We would like a quiet room as we will be exhausted after a long day's travel, so which building should I request? Or rather which should I most avoid? Thanks :)

There are no quiet rooms at Pop. Imagine a giant Chuck E Cheese with motel rooms around it.

Completely untrue. We stayed in the 60s building 4 lakeside and didn't hear a peep from anybody.,and thats right in the middle of the resort. Unless you have stayed in every room at Pop, you shouldn't make such blanket statements.

Our room at Pop was quieter than our pool view room at AKL--which wasn't loud by the way.

OP-- ask for a room that faces the lake or doesn't face the pool and you'll be fine. Have fun!

Mom and I are traveling a day ahead of schedule so I got a room for 1 night at Pop Century. We paid for a preferred location. We would like a quiet room as we will be exhausted after a long day's travel, so which building should I request? Or rather which should I most avoid? Thanks :)

I would ask for a room that is NOT facing a pool. We also paid for a preferred room and got a 2nd floor room in the 60's area facing the kiddie pool/splash area. It was anything but quiet. People yelling until way after midnight.

I have only stayed in the 70's building (twice), and it was quite, I stayed on the first floor on the corner. The only thing I heard was the occasional toilet flushing, or shower or the room nextdoor.

I would ask for a room that is NOT facing a pool. We also paid for a preferred room and got a 2nd floor room in the 60's area facing the kiddie pool/splash area. It was anything but quiet. People yelling until way after midnight.

We had the same problem. It was horribly loud. I called the front desk at 3am because there were tons of people in the pool being extremely loud. extremely disappointed because we had paid for the preferred room to be closer to the main building.

We had the same problem. It was horribly loud. I called the front desk at 3am because there were tons of people in the pool being extremely loud. extremely disappointed because we had paid for the preferred room to be closer to the main building.

I was also disappointed in the fact that we paid extra money to be kept up. I think we would have been happier with a room that was farther away from the food court.

We have always had good luck with the 50s building 1. We usually request the 4th floor and it has always been quiet and close to the main building. My DD and I took a girls trip last week and we were in the 60s building 4 and even though we were not facing the pool (we were actually on the backside-the "stick of the T shape") it was pretty loud. The worst time was the afternoon when we came back to rest and they had the games and microphones at the pool. Next time we will be sure to request building 1 again! Good luck and have fun!

We were not in a preferred room. We were in one of the 80's buildings, room 9343. It was fairly quiet and faced the trees. The best thing is that it was a short walk across the parking lot to the bus stops and Classic Hall. It was the only good thing about our stay at Pop. The room it self was not that great though.

We stayed in the 70's building first floor not facing a pool. It was close to the main hall but not loud.

Thanks it sounds like building 1 top floor non pool facing will be my best choice. We already paid for a preferred room. I am thinking maybe the side closest the main building that faces the bus stops might work well. We only need it for a night but we do want a quiet night's sleep. Thanks!

Pop is hardly a Chuck E. Cheese's but whatever.

Anyway, ask for a room away from the pool and you will be fine. We have stayed at Pop four times. Three of those were preferred. Two in the 70's (4th floor very quiet) and one was in the 60's. Both of the 70's rooms were near the Mickey Phone, the 60's one was just above the kiddie pool.

I think there is now a whole new category called "preferred pool facing".

Pool facing rooms would be much more likely to be noisy.

As I said on another thread just a bit ago, my experience of staying value (ten times now) has been excellent. Never had a noisy room.

I will say that a room facing the lake is always nice but I think most of those are standard.

Thanks it sounds like building 1 top floor non pool facing will be my best choice. We already paid for a preferred room. I am thinking maybe the side closest the main building that faces the bus stops might work well. We only need it for a night but we do want a quiet night's sleep. Thanks!

This is exactly where we stayed in April. :thumbsup2 I just finished posting on another thread about our quiet room at Pop! Avoid the pool facing rooms at all costs if you want quiet ... and maybe any of the rooms facing the major walkways since there is quite a lot of foot traffic to/from the main hall.

You'll find the preferred rooms in Buildings 6 or 10 (the '70's) the most quiet since there's no pool over there.

That said, we stayed standard each of our 3 trips where we asked for, and received, 4th floor rooms facing the lake. Noise was a non-issue for us each visit.

I agree with JerseyJanice. Request "70s". Period. Any other preferred building runs you the risk of facing a pool.

I was just in 70s building on the first floor. Room location was great except that it was a corner room and lots of folks decided to stop and talk at the corner. Room was 0160

We stayed in the farthest 50s building on the 1st floor on the end near the parking lot. We were there in Jan/Feb 09, so very few swimmer or guests. It was very quiet, feet from the laundry by the pool, and a 5 min walk with two in strollers to the food court.

If I were there when busy, I would ask for the same building facing away from the pool and a higher floor.

5 stays at Pop so far....50's, bldgs 1 and 2, 60's, bldg 4, 70's bldg 10, and I think it's 80's, bldg 8. the bldg 10 room was a ground level preferred room...and I hated it. Too much foot traffic going past.
My favorite of the other rooms??? 60's, bldg 4, 4th floor, facing the lake. OMG..it was wonderful. Quiet, peaceful.
My other rooms have always been on opposite sides of the bldgs from the pools. I don't want to ever face a pool.

Completely untrue. We stayed in the 60s building 4 lakeside and didn't hear a peep from anybody.,and thats right in the middle of the resort. Unless you have stayed in every room at Pop, you shouldn't make such blanket statements.

Our room at Pop was quieter than our pool view room at AKL--which wasn't loud by the way.

OP-- ask for a room that faces the lake or doesn't face the pool and you'll be fine. Have fun!

We just got back from a 7 night stay. We had 60's building 4th floor facing lake. So quiet! I think there was a total of three other families on that side. The only thing we ever heard was the beeping of construction trucks from AoA.:banana:

This is good to know. We are booked in a preferred room in May and thought about asking for 60's building facing the pool. Since reading this I am going to plan on asking for a differnet room. We like to sleep in in the moring so would be nice to have something quiet. Thanks for all this wonderful information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter