Which Poly Longhouse?

Nancyg56

DIS Veteran
We are going to stay at the Poly next January. I have gone over to Tikiman's site, which is packed with information, but now I think I need a little advice. Because DH has requested that we "go cheap", (silly man, there is no cheap at Disney) I cannot justify adding a lagoon view onto the price. But I really do like a balcony. Now I think that the three longhouses that have balconies are Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui.

Has anyone ever been successful in asking for a specific longhouse? We were thinking that we would like Tahiti as a first request, and Tokelau as a second. What do you think of these buildings? I do not think that these are have been refurbished.

Also, are any of the rooms connecting? This is certainly not a make or break request, but my DGD is still talking about how she could go back and forth between rooms, and so I would like to have this treat for her this time around.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Nancy

We did not ask for a specific longhouse so I can't help you there but we did stay in Tahiti on the first floor in connecting rooms. These rooms were VERY spacious. Even though Tahiti has not been remodeled, the rooms were well-kept (I thought the bedding was a little outdated). The bathroom still looks very modern.

Tokelau is also a good choice because it is closer to the pool. There is a chance you could get a parking lot view if you had a room @ Rapa Nui but the landscaping is very mature so I doubt it would be that bad even if you did wind up there.

All three buildings have connecting rooms available. I like all three of these buildings because they are a very short walk to the TTC.

hi Nancy!!!

you know I :love: the Poly too!!!

sorry I can not answer your ? specifically only to say we were in Fiji and LOVED the location!!

Have fun and remember me while at the Poly!! :cloud9:

We stayed at tokelau in December and we loved it. We were on the second floor and had a nice balcony. It is also a very convenient location, it is a quick walk to everything.

Nancyg56 said:
..... But I really do like a balcony. Now I think that the three longhouses that have balconies are Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui.

These "newer" longhouses have balconies on all three floors. The other longhouses do have balconies, but not on the second floor.

I think Tokelau is a nice location with no bad views (I think) and all balconies. DH and I stayed in a quiet pool view room in Tokelau and enjoyed it. The second time with my DD's, at 11pm we were assigned the last room at the poly; Rapa Nui - roof view! Good trip, bad view! Rapa Nui has half of the rooms facing the parking lot and is slightly removed from the pools and GCH.

We stayed at the Poly in December. I asked for upper floor of Tokelau facing Samoa. I knew that was probably a popular request so I asked for Rapa Nui third floor facing inward as my second request which I received.

We had a newly remodeled third floor room with a nice balcony and nice garden view. The new beds were awesome. Rapa Nui has its own parking lot behind the building making valet unnecessary. It was a very short walk to TTC, bus stop and not that far to walk to anything in the resort.

Great place to stay, beautiful grounds, spacious rooms, many transportation options. I was in a dilemna before our trip about which building to request. I settled on the two requests mentioned above and tried to quit worrying about it and enjoy whatever location we ended up with.

MOMOFMNM said:
hi Nancy!!!

you know I :love: the Poly too!!!

sorry I can not answer your ? specifically only to say we were in Fiji and LOVED the location!!

Have fun and remember me while at the Poly!! :cloud9:

Oh Polymelonmom!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were my inspiration :goodvibes to stay at the Poly.

I know that I am capable of trying to overmanage a location, so I really a going to avoid that, especially since I have never stayed here. We really are not too worried about the view, because after all, we get to stay at the Poly, but after staying at AKL, beautiful views, horrible beds, I would like nice beds and a balcony to sit and relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter