Which part of ship to choose stateroom?

lovemickeyminnie

Earning My Ears
Which part of the ship do you think has less motion? We have never cruised before and are scared of motion sickness. Aft, Forward or midship for less motion? We will need 4 staterooms total for our big family. Will that be a problem getting them together?

Thanks

The mid-ship area is most recommended to be the least motion.
To get all your rooms near each other book early.

we have booked mid ship on deck 6 on the Magic and mid to slightly aft on the Fantasy on deck 7. Loved both. We just booked mid ship deck 6 on the Magic again.

We just sailed last week on the Fantasy Western, and I was very concerned about motion sickness since it was my first cruise and I am prone to nausea on things that move. We were midship deck 7, and although I felt 'weird' the first night due to the new sensation and because my husband said we were going through the Gulf Stream that first night so it was the most we noticed it, I actually never felt sick at any point during the cruise. With a ship that large and the stabilizers, you honestly don't even know you're on a ship most of the time, and we were lucky to have very calm seas all week long. The slight rocking motion I may have felt during the night actually helped me have the best sleep I've had in ages. I did take non-drowsy Dramamine the first day just in case, and on both our sea days, so I don't know if they helped or were more of a placebo for me. Everyone is different though, so take the medications you think might help. September was a cheaper time for us to book.

Sadly, those are probably the most expensive months - due to it being the summer season.

May might be marginally lower in cost, but not much.

Agreed. We live in the South, and the school year ends for us the third week of May. We usually sail the first Saturday of vacation (third or fourth Saturday in May), and have noticed a definite uptick in prices the first week of June when schools in the North and South are both out for vacation.

I will also say that my wife is super-prone to motion sickness, yet she has never gotten sick or even felt like she was going to get sick on a DCL cruise. We usually get an Aft stateroom for easy access to Cabanas, and she's never even needed to take medication or wear a patch. YMMV, but the stabilizers on the Dream-class ships seem to do a great job.

I personally like midship.

We were able to book 3 cabins next to each other, (2 connecting) for our next cruise. Book as soon as you pick which cruise you want to go on.

Have a great time!

If you have people who have young kids that drink a lot of milk I'd strongly consider staying near the aft elevators/stairs assuming the drink station (including milk) is right above you. We did this for 3 of our 4 DCL trips and it was so nice to be able to run up two flights of stairs or so and grab milk. My kids drank A LOT of it. On our 3rd trip we were upgraded but moved forward. We called and explain our situation and offered to forego the upgrade. They were so nice, we still got the upgrade but they moved us back to where we wanted to be.

Which part of the ship do you think has less motion? We have never cruised before and are scared of motion sickness. Aft, Forward or midship for less motion? We will need 4 staterooms total for our big family. Will that be a problem getting them together?
  • Lower decks will give you less pendulum swing. Inside cabins will have less swing than oceanviews and verandah's.
  • I prefer closer to the front to avoid engine vibration noise. Others prefer the back to avoid waves hitting the front of the ship.
  • Can get noisy in the morning with docking procedures on lower decks.
Which month is probably cheapest rate May, June, July, August?
Is this for Alaska on the Wonder? Different months offer different climate experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter