• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which parks?!

jenandkam

Mouseketeer
Hi DIS-ers. I am in need of some advice from some folks who know what they're talking about - so naturally I came here. :thumbsup2

We are going to be at WDW for 2 weeks (5/26-6/9). :cool1: We are staying off-site for the first time in a pool house and will have a rental car. We plan on doing Epcot and MK for 2 days each and at least 1 day in AK and DHS (what's it called these days?). I figure we will probably buy tickets for 8 days and see where we land for the last 2. In addition, we are spending one day at the beach and want to sprinkle a couple of down days in there as well to just hang at the house playing games, swimming, watching movies, resting, etc.

That leaves a couple of days unplanned, which is not a big deal, but I want to gather some intel before we go in case we decide we want to do other parks, etc. The players will be me (37), DM (64), DS (9), DD (3). I was thinking about Universal because I think my son would LOVE it, but is there anything for my mother and daughter to enjoy?? What about Legoland or Sea World? I've been to Sea World in San Antonio many times, but neither of my kids have ever been and I was pregnant with the 9 year old last time I went so my memory is a little sketchy. ;)

Any and all thoughts and suggestons are welcome and appreciated!!

~J

When my kids were younger (like your youngest), they loved SeaWorld. We really had such a great time - in fact, we went back for a 2nd day.

Also when they were about that age, we had APs to Universal (we lived in Florida). Although they didn't ride any of the bigger rides (and I don't really either), we always found plenty to do there - and there is Seussland at Islands of Adventure. We always see a lot of characters at US/IOA too. With a 9 year old added into the mix, I'm sure you could have a great time at the 2 Universal parks as well. US/IOA is better for the 9 year old than the 3 year old, though, if you have to make a choice.

If you could only pick one, I might choose a day at SeaWorld given the makeup of your party.

We did Island of Adventures on our last trip to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I have to say that we had an absolute blast (aside from hating the food!) and I wish we had done 2 days to have included Universal Studios. I think that given the age range in your group, Universal and IoA is your best bet.

I think there will be plenty for your DD to do there. My DD was 21 months and LOVED the Dr. Seuss area at IoA. She went on one of the rides so many times they were letting her go through the exit to bypass the line as she screamed "more".... and for the record she was on the young side for that ride!

I'm not a huge ride goer so we ONLY went on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter main attraction and the kid stuff and we had a lot of fun. We walked around the park to take a look at other rides. I think your mother would be fine. I mean, it is an amusement park more so than Disney, so if she doesn't want to ride and is ok to just take in the atmosphere she should be fine becaues it's well themed and there is a lot of interesting things to see.

Thanks so much for the replies. Maybe my best bet would be to only by the 6 day pass to WDW, do 2 days at Epcot, 2 days at MK, 1 day at DHS and 1 day at AK and then do 2 days each at Sea World and Universal.

We are trying to make this trip more about some of the other attractions in Orlando - but only a litte, I still have to get my Disney fix!! :love: I just think it's a little nuts that I have been there so many times and only ever do Disney and don't really take advantage of everything else (hence the beach since we are land locked in Colorado).

Thanks again - I keep going back and forth - but I think this might be the way to go! :banana:

~J

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter