Which parks best for 2 year old?

My son was 2.5 on our last trip. We had 3-day park hoppers. Spent two mornings at MK, one morning at AK, one afternoon at MK, one afternoon at MGM and one afternoon at Epcot. Here are his reactions:

MK, of course, was a hit. Loved all the Fantasyland stuff, Indy Speedway, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Barnstormer.

I'd say AK was the second or third best park for him. He wasn't all that into the animals (goes to the zoo all the time so it wasn't such a big thing for him), but the Safari was one of his favorite rides at WDW, and he loved the train ride out to Conservation Station. He liked It's Tough to be a Bug, but got a bit nervous at some parts of it. Really got into the Flights of Wonder Show.

We were hardly in Epcot at all. He liked Turtle Talk ok, but was a bit too young to really appreciate it. He enjoyed parts of the walk around the World Showcase - the street performers were a hit. Liked El Rio del Tiempo ok. There were other things we could have done with him, but we weren't that interested and didn't have the time.

MGM had some great stuff for him. He loved Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Playhouse Disney. Actually really enjoyed Fantasmic, though parts were a bit scary. I think he'll be more scared next time at 4 than he was at 2. Loved seeing the Playhouse Disney characters.

It depends a lot on your daughter, whether she's likely to be scared, etc. I actually think the shows at MGM are great for 1-2 year olds. They're all very short (15-30 minutes) and geared toward kids. Good for the age group that isn't big enough for a lot of rides outside of MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter