Which Park Would You Visit On New Years Eve!

waterfront

Earning My Ears
My family is visiting WDW for the first time (yay!) but unfortunately the only time my husband and I can both take off of work at the same time is over the new year. We're staying at AKL arriving on Dec. 30 and Dec. 31st will probably be our 1st day in the parks. Our family (have a dau 8 and son 5) is more the get up early and go to bed early type so we probably don't think we'll be up for the big new years eve fireworks. What I would like some advice on is what park would be the least busiest on New Years Eve and also New Years Day. We're only going to be in town for 4 full days so we don't feel that spending the day at the resort is a good option because we want to have 1 full day at each of the parks. I appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Since you'll be at the parks early those days it won't make much difference. Especially on the first, no one will be up that early. If you leave the parks by 8 you'll probably be fine. Also, since it closes early, Animal Kingdom won't have any NYE issues.

Yes, it is the biggest park so it does not seem as crowded. We have been to Epcot many times on NYE. They do IllumiNations twice on NYE - the first time probably around 7:30 and then again at midnight. Not sure if any of the other parks do this also.

Linda

A couple of years ago we were at Hollywood Studios - my daughters favorite park...and would love to do it again!! Yes, it was crowded, but manageable, it is new years after all!!

:)

Epcot because it is the largest and you can have a few Adult Beverages:thumbsup2
WORD on the beverages. We did MK for NYE last year. It was nice, worth doing and we had a good time but not sure I'd do it again. Crazy packed. The crowds I think would be a wee bit more manageable at one of the other parks.

See the MK NYE show at midnight on Dec 30 and then go to EPCOT on the real NYE.

We did MGM Studios on New Years Eve 2 years ago. Using fastpass it wasn't too bad at all. The park didn't fill to capacity although it was of course busy. On New Years day we got up eatly and did Magic Kingdom while a lot of of people were still sleeping in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter