• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park would you leave out?Why?

Hollywood Studios. We are going in November just for the Osborne Lights. In April, we probably won't go at all. If we do go, it will be just 1/2 day.

For us it's AK. Even though DHS seems to get old after about half a day, my son LOVES it. It's his favorite park.

For us, AK is nice to look at, but after you get past the architecture and the awesome lunch at Tusker House, there's not much left for us.

HS and that is what we will do in Nov when we go for 3 nights for F&W. Last year, 3 nights for F&W, we intended to leave off HS but ended up leaving off AK and I cannot remember why (timing of park closing or something). HS is our least fave park.

Last March, Animal Kingdom is the park we left out. We all like it a lot, but we don't have any must dos there. The other parks all have something we "can't" miss.

I don't think we have ever left out any park. But I guess our least favorite would be HS. We still go but only for about half the day. Mk and epcot are our favorites with ak being in third place. My son didn't like epcot when he was small but when he turned 10 he ended up loving the countries. Especially Japan after he found out they created pokemon.

I think its really about your parties make-up, with or without kiddos, ages of everyone in your group. Is this your 1st trip or 100th trip.

We would never skip Magic Kingdom, this is our happy place, absolute packed with memories, and all the do you remember when this happened or that happened. Trips with family and friends, with our DD there are so many mile stones that happened here. With just the 2 of us, and I know that there will be many more, now that DD is married, and hopefully with grandkids in the future.:cloud9:

Epcot comes in 2nd place that we would never skip. Even when DD was little, we were worried the 1st time we took her that she would not like it. We were surprised when she wanted to stay all day. We so enjoy the world show case, great food and cocktail options, and just checking out everything, now that its just DH and I we do what we call the nightly stroll, when we are at WDW, we go through the world show case and have cocktails and check out some of the music, shops, and end with a late dinner. :love:

Animal Kingdom, comes in 3rd, we always spend at least a morning into early afternoon - we love the animal safari, and the walking trail and the lion king show... we are looking forward to checking out its new home. Tusker House is our favorite character breakfast .:thumbsup2

DHS - this comes in last, for us right now is really does not have that much for us to do, we love TSM and lunch at Sci-fi, but with car show gone and the back lot tour ( DH loved these 2 ), not really much for us. We loved Osborne Christmas lights, but I don't know if that will back this year, I have yet to find anything on it. Hopefully, they will build a Cars area and more stars wars over here as the rumors go.

I would never miss/skip a park ever.... Only water parks on certain occasions. .

If i missed a park I would feel like the vacation wasn't complete. And this is after multiple visits...We always seem to find new an exciting things to do and see at all the parks.

Is LMA over then?

Also, I agree about toddlers and EP. We remember those water tube things shooting back and forth and trying to catch them, so magical, even several decades ago! And when we passed it, there was a whole new generation of little bitty ones in the same awe! And don't even get me started on the GORGEOUS magical concrete around the fountain and innoventions all lit up and sparkling beautifully. We would watch the fireworks from Mexico (back when they had kickn wet burritos) as a family. My older sister would carry around her purple Figment toy and hat.

The EPCOT ball and coming through the entrance, THAT is when I know I have arrived. The castle is SO pretty, and I really feel like a 'coming of age' teenage thrill when I see the Tower looming in the distance, but NOTHING, NOTHING makes me feel like "we're ACTUALLY HERE!" like the EP ball.

It is definitely our family's go-to park. Almost all the earliest memories I have are there, including the Dairy Sisters singing in the Kitchen. (A close second goes to Carousel of Progress in MK.)

DHS, hands down, for me. It has some fun stuff (ToT, Animation Academy, RnR) and DH likes some of the shows, but I consider it the most skippable of the parks.

My kids were 5-14 when we went last time, and they all loved Epcot. I like what a previous poster said about feeling the excitement over seeing Spaceship Earth. I feel the same way. It really says Disney to me for some reason.

My family also loved AK, like spent RD until after closing there (we hopped onto the very last safari ride) and felt that we could have spent longer. I wouldn't consider skipping this one at all.

If I absolutely HAD to leave one park out, I guess it would have to be DHS, because a lot of the attractions seem to appeal more to small children, which I don't have, or are major thrill rides, which I can't ride. I would hate to have to make that choice, though, since I actually do enjoy DHS!

We skipped Epcot when my DD was 5. It was not missed (she really only wanted to meet princesses. )

She's 9.75yrs now. This time, if it was just her, we'd skip DHS. Nothing there resonated from the prior trip (except the honey i shunk.. playground).

But her 13yr old brother is joining us. He is excited about the rides at DHS (he's never been to WDW)

Because he is coming, we'd probably have to skip AK (unfortunate, because my DD loves the playground there)

if we only had 3 days, i'd get park hopper and split a day between AK and DHS

AK. My favorite park has always been Epcot. On my last two trips:

Trip 1: 7.5 days; 2.5 Epcot, 2 DHS (1 SWW), 1 MK, 1 AK, 1 BB

Trip 2: 4 days; 2.5 Epcot, 1 MK, .5 DHS (my wife slept in that morning while I rushed through the big rides).

Maybe if AK grows and DHS keeps stagnating that'll change, but we prefer the movies and art focus of DHS over animals.

Travelling down with my 3.5 year old in August. We have the same dilemma but upon examining each park's attractions I think we can manage all 4 using a hopper. We plan 2 full days at MK. 1 full day at DHS. and are splitting Epcot and AK into a half day each.

My guy is 38 inches so that wipes out Dinosaur, Expedition Everest and Primeval Whirl at AK. So our plan is character breakfast at Tusker House, Kilimanjaro Safari, Tough to Be a Bug, Maharajah Jungle Trek and maybe River Rapids (Can forgo this if needed).

At Epcot Soarin, Test Track, Mission SPACE and Sum of all Thrills are out for us due to height restrictions. So the plan is Seas with Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, Figment, Maelstrom, Illuminations.

Only thing I'm trying to figure out is which leg of the day do I book my FP+ for?

DHS for us...Just not enough there that really sparks our interest.... Aside from Rockin roller coaster and Tower of Terror I have no other real interest in that park. We love Epcot! Love to stroll the WS and enjoy the different food options and cocktails! Relax and take our time...People watch!:goodvibes Love Soarin too! Animal Kingdom park I think is just beautiful and I really enjoy walking around there and taking in all the sites and it closes earlier and gives us time in the evening to enjoy our resort pool or dinner at DTD. Magic Kingdom of course has lots of appeal for us from Dining, to rides to parades and fireworks!! The heart of Walt Disney World!pixiedust: Guess it just depends on everyone's preference. We are arriving in November for 5 days and only plan to visit MK and Epcot for Food and Wine Festival!!;)

This is us exactly... We loved MK but Epcot came in second for sure. And AK was fun too... But DHS was a waste of our time.

We left out MK in our May trip.

We took one day for the parks and did HS in the morning (wanted to see Star Wars Weekend) and rode our favs (Toy Story, Rocking, Tower and Star Tours), headed to AK for Everest, Kali and lunch at Yak and Yeti, and finished at EPCOT for F&G

We thought about going to MK since it was EMH but we were staying at BWV but after EPCOT we were too tired and too close to "home"!

For me it would probably end up being DHS. ToT is probably my 2nd favorite ride at Disney, but DHS just doesn't hold my attention like the other 3. Other than Sunset Blvd. and the Great Movie Ride, I never venture to the other side of the park because there isn't anything there I like. I've seen all the shows at least 4-5 times and have no interest in seeing them again (whereas I would happily watch the Lion King every day). Plus, the food is just 'meh' outside of the Brown Derby. Now, I could spend an afternoon there doing Sunset, seeing the street performers (those guys crack me up and do a great job!), and relaxing at the Brown Derby Lounge for a drink and some people watching.

I considered saying Epcot because of the lack of must-do rides, but the World Showcase reels me back in.

I don't think I could ever go and skip MK or DAK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter