Which park to do first?

jbjb93

Earning My Ears
We are going in Sept with DD 5 yr and DS 2 yr (1 month short of 3) and aren't sure which park to do first. I've seen to do MK first since that's why you're there, but also to do MK last so kids won't be disappointed/bored with other parks. We are there 5 days and plan to hit them all. Would love to hear your experiences.
Sorry for lack of knowledge on lingo - first time user.
Thanks for your time! :)
Jana

Well,I've gotten criticized for this before on another board, but I tend to agree that doing the other parks 1st (unless your children are going to have a fit to go to MK), is a good idea. Then they tend to like the other parks on their own merit. We usually start with Epcot or MGM and work our way to MK. Or you could split the day if you have a hopper pass, and do Epcot in the AM and MK in the evening. It really depends on how hyped up your kids are to get to MK :)

Have a Wonderful day, Eeyore

I say do MK first!!! It is just the epitome of Disney, and the kids will love it. We always go there the first day, and then at least one other day so the kids don't miss it too much. There are so many other great things in the other parks that I would think your kids wouldn't be disappointed. They'll be so busy having fun, that they probably won't notice they're not at MK! Have fun!!

14a.gif

'84-Offsite
'95-DxL
'97-WL
'00-PO
'01-DxL
'02-DVC??

I agree somewhat with both of the above - eeyore0662 is right, IMO, about "saving" MK til later but, pajamommy is right about the kids not really knowing which park they're in on any given day! (I had to remind my 13yo DS about ALL the rides in MK for him, but not meant for my 3yo DD! LOL)

My best wish granted would be to start at MK AND end at MK! But, if time is limited, sometimes "hopping" is the best bet to see a little of everything and, then decide where you want to go back to!

No matter what you do, Any day at WDW is better than any other day anywhere else! Enjoy! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter