• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park should I pick - crowd calendar Q and EMH

lcoult

Earning My Ears
Hi!

We are staying off site.. (obviously not using EMH) and I was picking my parks based on what I could gather from the crowd calendars. Easy WDW has Mon June 6 as best for HS or EP. My other Date in Q is Sat 11th.

I currently had HS as Monday June 6.
*evening* EMH were changed/added to HS for this date (so it's prob NOT what we want, right?) - adds crowds.

I could make Epcot on Mon June 6, and Sat the 11th HS.

That said.. given the new Star Wars stuff and lack of much with rides/crowds at Epcot... would you prefer a Monday at HS with EMH or a Sat? (HS is green on easy wdw for Sat.. but red for Under Cover Tourist).

HS is prob our most important day because my kids have never done Jedi Training and really want to do that. After reading Josh's blog post about how filled it was in 10 mins I'm a little worried about crowds for our HS day.

Thank you!!!!

I think on either day you will be okay if you arrive early prior to RD, and have your FP set up. With evening EMH, a lot of people who want to stay late will not get there early in the morning, so it will get crowded later in the day. If Sat. has no EMH than that could be better. People have reported that they are sometimes signing people up for Jedi training before RD, so if you arrive about 1/2 hr. before, you can sign up for Jedi ahead if possible, or if not be close to the front of the line, and you should not have a problem, as there are several shows throughout the day, and I think 24 kids in each now. If you can get that done early, I would head to TSMM to try and ride first thing before it gets crowded, especially if you could not get FP at 30 days out, or if you did get FP, and like to ride it twice like we do! If your kids are into Star Wars, you may then want to head to Launch Bay to do meet and greets, and then to Star Tours. (Just an FYI that there is a store on the way out where they can build a lightsaber if they are into that stuff - DD did it last trip as her main souvineer.) You will have to figure in time of your Jedi show, once you schedule it of course. I believe they are also starting a Star Wars Stage Show that you could catch during the day.

We like to schedule FP late morning/early afternoon, and then try for a fourth later, usually get Fantasmic! So we don't have to line up too early. If your kids are into the RnRC and ToT, hopefully you can get those FP for your Tier 1 and 2( or ride those first if you have TSMM). Later in the day you could do Muppets, and some of the shows as lines get longer. We try to eat a late lunch/early dinner for break, and do a few more things after before F!

Any od
Hi!

We are staying off site.. (obviously not using EMH) and I was picking my parks based on what I could gather from the crowd calendars. Easy WDW has Mon June 6 as best for HS or EP. My other Date in Q is Sat 11th.

*evening* EMH were changed/added to HS for this date (so it's prob NOT what we want, right?) - adds crowds.

I could make Epcot on Mon June 6, and Sat the 11th HS.

That said.. given the new Star Wars stuff and lack of much with rides/crowds at Epcot... would you prefer a Monday at HS with EMH or a Sat? (HS is green on easy wdw for Sat.. but red for Under Cover Tourist).

HS is prob our most important day because my kids have never done Jedi Training and really want to do that. After reading Josh's blog post about how filled it was in 10 mins I'm a little worried about crowds for our HS day.

Thank you!!!!
any ideas on picking typhoon lagoon vs blizzard beach?

I still tend to think that weekends are busier at any park and agree with Cassie58 that the evening EMH will not necessarily increase your crowds right at rope drop, especially since many think DHS is not a park to spend a full day in. There are more Jedi shows than there used to be, so arriving at rope drop should prevent you from getting "locked out". Also, just in case everything goes south on you that morning, you can still switch at the last minute to the 11th - it's your backup date to make sure you get Jedi in - it really is a memorable experience!

*evening* EMH were changed/added to HS for this date

Where did you see this? We currently have June 6 planned for HS as well, but when I check the calendar, I do not see EMH added for this day. However, in my case, it would be a good thing as I am on-site and could take advantage of it!

Using the 11th as a backup is a perfect option.. You're right, I should do it that way. I'm so glad I asked.. I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my Q. :)

I think you're okay with either day. In June they are all going to be busy & it's not like Morning EMH where you're way behind the 8 ball first thing. Go with whatever works in your schedule!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter