Which park officially starts your vacation?

When I hear "walkin right down the middle of Main St USA"!! We have an 8 hour drive and split it between Friday night and Saturday morning so we pull inot the resort about noon, check in and head straight to MK. We also like to end in MK. We are doing park hopper for the first time for our March trip so it will be easier to just hop over and catch wishes that last night.

Looks like I'm the only one here that votes for DHS. And we always end in MK. DHS gets us into fun-mode and MK gives us a good dose of Disney to last until our next trip. Only 3 more months to go!! :)

We always fly in, head to the resort and check in then immediately go to MK. It doesn't start until we are on Main Street looking at the castle. We don't always go through the castle but it hasn't started until we are on Main Street. This year our first day Touring Plans has MK as an avoid with crowd level 8. It doesn't matter. That is where we start.

We always start with MK and end with EPCOT - DH loves Illuminations and that's how we love to wrap up WDW.:lovestruc

Our current tradition is T-rex at DTD and then AK. We're doing it that way this upcoming trip. I agree with another poster who said you have to ease into Disney magic. I know if I started with MK I'd literally be bouncing up Main Street USA. :lovestruc

Looks like I'm the only one here that votes for DHS. And we always end in MK. DHS gets us into fun-mode and MK gives us a good dose of Disney to last until our next trip. Only 3 more months to go!! :)

Make that TWO votes! We like DHS, but mostly it's to give us a day to anticipate the MK. It's great to have some Disney fun, then mid-afternoon realize that we still have our first sight of the MK to look forward to the next day!

I like to end at the MK, but sometimes it's easier to leave another park. If you do the MK on a day OTHER than the day you're leaving Disney, it makes it slightly easier. Last time we left Epcot on departure day, which wasn't as hard.

So for me and my family,
And the Kids truely love it, It really begins our "trip"
Is Orlando Airport Monorail thing.

The kids run for the front or back so they can sit. I relax knowing that I wont have to fly again for a while.

You could feel the stress just melt away from all the adults on that monorail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedi View Post
Looks like I'm the only one here that votes for DHS. And we always end in MK. DHS gets us into fun-mode and MK gives us a good dose of Disney to last until our next trip. Only 3 more months to go!!
Make that TWO votes! We like DHS, but mostly it's to give us a day to anticipate the MK. It's great to have some Disney fun, then mid-afternoon realize that we still have our first sight of the MK to look forward to the next day!

DHS for us too! We always start there.

Though like a previous poster the Magic starts at the tram at MCO. :cool1: That really does signal the start of our vacation.

To really go far back in the trip, we usually go by Amtrak, and stepping foot of in Kissimmee and having the Florida heat and humidity hit us after being on the train AC for 30+ hours is heaven. Then it's the drive in and catching sight of the monorail tracks brings a small smile to our faces, when we hit the toll booths, a broader grin and then seeing the archway to WL we breathe a sigh of relief.

We're quick to check in and get our suits on, grab some adult beverages and head to the pool to welcome ourselves to heaven on earth, immersing ourselves in Disney splendor, nothing soothes us more than a dip in the pool, Florida sun and a few beers on a chaise lounge.

We usually save the biggie for the first full day and we always head to the MK, with anticipation building on the boat ride over and waiting our turn at the turnstiles and finally the aroma and sounds as we pass under the train station and catch that first glimpse of Main Street we know we're there, and ready to relax and enjoy for a week and a half with the mind set of a 8 year old. Nothing could be finer or get any better than that walk up Main Street.

Magic Kingdom! We're planning to spend our arrival and departure days there (as well as 1-2 days there in the middle!)

Although I think the wonder will begin in the air... I've never been on a plane before, so I think it's just going to add to the excitement!

As soon as we get on the monorail and hear "Please stand clear of the doors" "por favor mantengase alejadro se las puertos"

We usually start with Epcot because we arrive late morning and check in and like to go relaxed the 1st day. I like to go to MK at rope drop. We took my 3 year old grandson last year and did not do MK until the 3rd day and all of us cracked up when he first saw the castle and main street and said "It's Disney World". I guess he didn't think we were there at AK and Epcot! Nothing gives you that magic feeling like walking onto main street and seeing the castle!:woohoo:

for me, as soon as i see the contemporary resort. i just love it there :love: my family has stayed there so often it just feels like coming home. the mural and the monorail running right through it ... i could just marvel at that hotel all day :cloud9:
but the question is .. which park. so i guess id have to say MK ... theres nothing like your first glimpse of Cinderella Castle!~

First day starts with Magic Kingdom and Main Street USA. Followed by dinner at Kona Cafe ( love the atmosphere and sounds of the POLY) and a monorail ride to EPCOT for illuminations for the first night of fireworks.

For us it is driving to WDW and finding all the signs for the different wdw attractions and counting down how many miles till we go under the welcome to wdw sign. We love that sign too!!!

We always arrive in early to mid afternoon and Day 1 is the only day that is not planned out.We usually end up in the first bus that shows up at the bust stop unless it is AK since it is going to be closing soon.

We like to start our vacation by going to Hollywood Studios and riding the TOWER OF TERROR. That is when we know we are really on vacation.
Living is Upstate NY it is really just seeing the palm trees and flowers year round.

It's the Welcome signs for us!:cloud9: Nothing like that feeling when you see them.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter