Which park is the best to work at?

DoYouBelieveInMagic

Earning My Ears
Hi! I just had my phone interview yesterday I am now playing the waiting game!popcorn:: Im a huge out door and animal rights enthusiast and I used to be a wildlife conservation major and now I am a park recreation and tourism management major. So during my inerview I requested to work at animal Kingdom.

Now I know its all personal preference but I was wondering if those who currently are doing the program or alumni could answer which park CPs seem to enjoy working in the most? Magic kingdom im sure is the most popular but they get such ridiculous hours I hear, but Im afraid I wont get a lot of hours at AK or that not as many guests go there. Do people generally enjoy working in that park?

Sorry this was so long winded!

I don't know anyone that worked at Animal Kingdom, so I can't really help you there. But I worked at Studios and I loved it. We didn't get the super crazy hours like MK, which is nice. And I noticed the busses for Epcot and Magic Kingdom were always packed (especially around the holidays), which is something that was never a big issue with the Studios bus. The only time I ever really saw it crowded was at night on the nights Fantasmic was playing.
Plus, I loved working at Studios because it's my favorite park. :)

I did my CP at the Magic Kingdom and I loved every minute of it. I worked at a seasonal location so my hours weren't extra crazy. I mostly worked 6 hours a day unless it was peak season. There was nothing better than on those rough days stepping outside and hearing Wishes or seeing my favorite parade pass by my location.I will admit that Magic Kingdom is a very tough place to work because when people think of Magic Kingdom they think of magic and the cast members there have a higher burden to provide that magical experience. Yet if you are up to meeting the challenge of working at Magic Kingdom, it can also be extremely rewarding.

It just depends on if you are willing to work the late hours and if you can handle the big crowds. Animal is by far the earliest closing park and less crowded. Magic is by far the busiest and has the latest hours usually. Epcot and Hollywood fall in the middle. I worked at Magic and really enjoyed it. I didn't mind working till midnight every day.

I also worked at Studios and loved it. My shifts were usually between 6 and 9 hours because my QSFB location didn't open until 11. And the latest I ever worked was 2 am and that was on New Years Eve. Plus, I think the Studios bus is one of the better ones. It was never super packed, although I hated the location of the bus stop. I did spend a week at the Magic Kingdom though and enjoyed it, but obviously I can't really compare it to Studios when I was there so much longer.

I also worked at Studios and loved it. My shifts were usually between 6 and 9 hours because my QSFB location didn't open until 11. And the latest I ever worked was 2 am and that was on New Years Eve. Plus, I think the Studios bus is one of the better ones. It was never super packed, although I hated the location of the bus stop. I did spend a week at the Magic Kingdom though and enjoyed it, but obviously I can't really compare it to Studios when I was there so much longer.

This is off topic, but where did you work? My QSFB location didn't open till 11 either. I worked at ABC Commissary...

I worked at Epcot and loved it! We closed at 9 every single night, unless it was close to the holidays then it got bumped only to 10. It was busy, but never MK crazy, and I never had to work till 3 in the morning, except on New Years Eve.

I worked at Epcot. If I went back, I would request to be put in any other park. My ride closed at 7, but we had to stand around until 10 or 10:30 waiting for a nearby restaurant to be clear of guests. No one could ever get a satisfactory answer as to why we had to do this instead of people whose attractions/restaurant were open later. Some of us also had to work until 3 in the morning one night because of a marathon...and then the CP bus didn't come pick us up when it was supposed to. A Magic Kingdom bus finally came and got us after several people called and complained. Also, Food and Wine Festival = drunk guests either incoherently yelling at you or sloppily hitting on you. No thanks.

I had friends who worked at Magic Kingdom and loved it. People seem to think that MK has longer shifts than other parks because they're open later, but actually my friends usually had 6-8 hour shifts, while mine were typically 10-14 hours.

Not everyone in Epcot has this kind of experience, but it was the norm for my area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter