WHICH PARK FIRST?

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
Which is better Harry Potter At Islands first or Harry Potter at Universal first?:listen:

Which is better Harry Potter At Islands first or Harry Potter at Universal first?:listen:

Just for Potter?

Definitely do Diagonal Alley first.........then take the train over to Hogsmeade........make sure you take the train back to DA too, it's different each way.

Gringotts ride is not as rough as FJ can be, but both are excellent rides and not to be missed.

Shopping experiences are fun at both parks for Potter stuff.........DA you get Florean Fortescues ice cream parlour......

Have a look at the park maps www.universalorlando.com and see what would make sense for your group, what they may like.....will give you an idea of what to expect in both Potter areas.

if you plan to do shopping in both parks, have the TM send your packages to the front and be held until you are ready to leave the park.
no need to carry bags of merch with you all day.
day guests do this all the time as it is not only for hotel guests.

if you are staying onsite, you can have your merch sent to your room.
it's delivered to inside your room the next day.

If you have early entry, start with the park that opens first for early admission for on site guests. :) If not, I guess Id start with Hogsmead then head to Diagon Ally like in the books / movies in chronological order. Hogsmead has more rides (3 total). Diagon Alley has more shops (only one ride). Each have 1 restaurant ...both have the ALL IMPORTANT butter beer! My son has renamed it Butter Beer World! LOL

My vote is to start at Diagon and travel to Hogsmeade, just like in the books. Diagon has more of a WOW first impression, plus Gringotts is a good warm up for FJ which is wonderful but really intense.

I have done Hogsmeade before but not Gringotts. Just wondered which was best to start with. I guess also which park opens first will be the one since we have early entry... can't wait!!!:yay:

I agree with the above poster, do it in chronological order. Harry enters Diagon Alley first and goes shopping in the books/movies, goes into Gringotts, and then heads to Kings Cross to take the train to Hogwarts. I may be wrong in saying this, but to me it almost feels like a shorter walk to get from the US entrance to Diagon Alley compared to the walk from the IOA entrance to Hogsmeade.

I'll be the exception and recommend Hogsmead first. When you first walk in your reaction will be "wow, this is fantastic"! But if you've already been to Diagon Alley, your reaction to Hogsmead might be "oh, this is a lot smaller. But I suppose it's nice as well."

I'll be the exception and recommend Hogsmead first. When you first walk in your reaction will be "wow, this is fantastic"! But if you've already been to Diagon Alley, your reaction to Hogsmead might be "oh, this is a lot smaller. But I suppose it's nice as well."
That's the reaction I had watching the first movie the first time.

If you have early entry, start with the park that opens first for early admission for on site guests. :) If not, I guess Id start with Hogsmead then head to Diagon Ally like in the books / movies in chronological order. Hogsmead has more rides (3 total). Diagon Alley has more shops (only one ride). Each have 1 restaurant ...both have the ALL IMPORTANT butter beer! My son has renamed it Butter Beer World! LOL
When do they post which park has early entry?

Edit: I just read that you find out at check in.

Last edited:
If we're talking chronological order, should you go to Diagon and go shopping, then take the train over to Hogsmead, do the stuff there, then come back to Diagon to ride Gringotts (based on the story that's being told on the Gringotts ride).

......just sayin' ;)

That's the reaction I had watching the first movie the first time.
Do you mean that having read the book(s), the movie just didn't meet expectations? (I found every movie after the first two a great letdown, and they got gradually worse, until the final one was just dreadful.)

Last edited:
If we're talking chronological order, should you go to Diagon and go shopping, then take the train over to Hogsmead, do the stuff there, then come back to Diagon to ride Gringotts (based on the story that's being told on the Gringotts ride).

......just sayin' ;)

I was gonna say the same thing. Though really, FJ seems to be in some alternate timeline where nothing from the books happens, but everything from the books happens at the same time lol. Kinda like how at WDW, Gaston is still alive, the Beast is still a beast, and Rapunzel has all her hair. lol

Do you mean that having read the book(s), the movie just didn't meet expectations? (I found every movie after the first two a great letdown, and they got gradually worse, until the final one was just dreadful.)
I liked all the movies, but visually the highlight for me was Diagon Alley. There's always been something I liked about it. Maybe it's the shopping addict in me LOL

Yes. Very much so. Deathly Hallows one redeemed the movies for a brief shining moment, then part two just pooped all over all it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter