Which Orlando DVC has the best tub?

Krs1300

Mouseketeer
As in bath tub in the room. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom to rent and fell in LOVE with the bathroom at AKV. Are any of the others just as good?

As in bath tub in the room. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom to rent and fell in LOVE with the bathroom at AKV. Are any of the others just as good?

If you want a large jetted tub, you want OKW. It has the largest jetted tub of all. But if you are looking for a luxurious bathroom, GFV or BLT might suit you. I really liked the BLT shower, but the tub was just okay.

We're really big fans of BWV (why we bought there!)

Here's the tub - with open view to the MBR:

I loved the tub at BWV. Depending on your room location, you can even soak in the tub, while watching fireworks from EPCOT. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no door between the Master BR and the part of the bathroom where the tub was, so I couldn't soak in the tub and read a book while hubby was sleeping.

I think the tub at Kidani Village in the Master bath is longer than those at OKW, but not as wide.

DSCN4905_zps07841672.jpg

The one at Villas at Grand Floridian, might be a better soaking tub as it is really deep. And it has dozens of jets on the bottom of the tub.

DSCN4311_zps8564cae0.jpg

The tub at GF would be great for soaking, but how do you get in and out safely? I'm "elderly" and have a bad leg and knee. I think stepping out onto the floor would be very difficult. Can anyone share how deep this tub actually is?

I loved the tub at BWV. Depending on your room location, you can even soak in the tub, while watching fireworks from EPCOT. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no door between the Master BR and the part of the bathroom where the tub was, so I couldn't soak in the tub and read a book while hubby was sleeping.

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought for sure we had a door between Master BR and tub area last time we stayed in a one bedroom BWV. Are there different configurations?

There is not a door between the master bath and jet tub area at BWV. There is an open doorway that divides them. There is also the shutters (like at OKW above) that open into the room. The seond room of the bathroom that has the shower and toilet is divided by a door from the jet tub area and also has an entrance from the living room.

As for best tubs, it is a matter of opinion. The older designed resorts like OKW, BWV, BCV and VWL have the tub that looks like the one at OKW above. AKV and BLT have the somewhat longer but more narrow tub that is shaped more like a traditional tub.

I'm really enjoying this thread -- I haven't stayed in a room larger than a studio yet, and I may finally book a 1-BR just for the tub! :)

The tub at GF would be great for soaking, but how do you get in and out safely? I'm "elderly" and have a bad leg and knee. I think stepping out onto the floor would be very difficult. Can anyone share how deep this tub actually is?

That's how I feel about tubs on some cruise ships--how do I get in or out? But as to the VGF bathtub, it might be difficult. You could call and ask what is the alternative if you ask for a handicap room with a tub. It would probably be a regular tub with bars.

There is not a door between the master bath and jet tub area at BWV. There is an open doorway that divides them. There is also the shutters (like at OKW above) that open into the room. The seond room of the bathroom that has the shower and toilet is divided by a door from the jet tub area and also has an entrance from the living room.

As for best tubs, it is a matter of opinion. The older designed resorts like OKW, BWV, BCV and VWL have the tub that looks like the one at OKW above. AKV and BLT have the somewhat longer but more narrow tub that is shaped more like a traditional tub.

That tub in the third post is BWV, not OKW.

all the tubs expect OKW - are one person - OKW can do 2 or 3 people.

OKW is more like the Marriott.

the others are more like a general tub and getting in and out of them is not a huge problem - now OKW it is.

don't like the tub at VGF -- it is like the ones at Wyndham - it goes not give you a massage = so why even have a whirlpool tub unless it gives you a massage.

those tiny wholes don't work for me

I'm really enjoying this thread -- I haven't stayed in a room larger than a studio yet, and I may finally book a 1-BR just for the tub! :)

That's why for our "big" vacation each year we do a 1 br at BWV - to relax in the jetted tub after park hopping most of the day

Love the tubs at OKW. our one son loves them even more. He takes a bath almost every day and thinks it's so cool that he can watch tv as he does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter