• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Orlando area waterpark, and crowd question

twinspluscade

DIS Veteran
We're going to WDW end of May. Considering taking one day and doing a waterpark--we've never been to any of them. I'm actually leaning towards Aquatica because of roa's rapids (which is my type of "ride"), but am receptive towards the Disney waterparks as well. For those who have been to all three, how do they compare? Which one is your favorite? And--which one has the best lazy river (my favorite of any waterpark)?

And another question--how busy will these waterparks be on a Monday the end of May (the 23rd, to be exact?). I read a thread from July two years ago that said Aqautica was so packed you couldn't even do the lazy river--will that be true as well in May?

TIA!

The novelty of Aquatica has pretty much worn off due to Harry Potter and such, plus May is a historically slow time so crowds shouldn't be a problem there!

I haven't been to Aquatica but I have been to the Disney waterparks and I still say my favorite is Wet n Wild. It's on I-Drive, pretty much next to Universal. Most bang for your buck and has the most thrilling slides of all of them. It was also the first 'waterpark' and it's a neat place to check out.

I've been to all the Orlando waterparks multiple times and I don't have one clear favorite as there are things I like and dislike about each of them.

Blizzard Beach:good thrilling slides,don't like the layout of the slides as you have to continuously go up the same stairs to hit up many of the slides so it becomes too repetitive.The chairlift only gives you access to 3 slides and often has a wait as well.The lazy river is good but the wave pool is my least favorite.

Typhoon Lagoon:Lack of slides,good lazy river and wave pool,only water coaster in Florida with Crush n Gusher.The shark reef is cool,especially first time you do it.Both TL and BB are bigger and have good theming and a good amount of shade,especially TL.

Aquatica:I like the layout of the park,especially with multiple entrances of Roa's Rapids which is one of the coolest things at any waterpark.The slides are good,good theming but could use more shade.Best food and merchandise of all the waterparks.Good wavepools but I didn't like the way they integrated the slow lazy river to the bowl slides,too confusing and lack of signs to enter,still a very good park.

Wet n Wild:Little theming but good amount of thrilling slides,lack of shade and being older not as nice as the other three but usually has lower prices and good deals on annual passes so if your objective is hitting up the thrilling slides with good deals it's a good park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter