Which order of rides for a 3 year old?

FloridaGirl

Mouseketeer
I have a three and a half year old daughter. We will do the rides that are geared towards her-- meaning no Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain and all that= we will focus on the kiddie ones like Dumbo, Small World and all that.

How do you suggest we plan for those rides? Which ones are the most crowded? Which to do firs etc? Any suggestions or ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks so much. This will be her first trip!

Try to get to the MK as close to opening as possible and go directly to Fantasyland. Use the fast pass system, the Pooh ride seems to get backed up pretty fast, so I think I'd try there first, then head over to Peter Pan, because that too gets packed. The Phiharmagic takes in a lot of people at a time, you may not need a fast pass for that if you get there early enough.
Have fun!

Hi!
DEFINITELY do Dumbo first. Look at a map of the MK and get your bearings if you don't know the park yet...
I would then do Pooh and maybe Peter Pan.
DO NOT attempt to do darker/spookier rides until the end of your visit b/c it could scare her and make her fearful of all indoor attractions. This is what happened to my DD when she was that age...poor little doll! We tried Haunted Mansion - BIG mistake. Also DO NOT take her into It's Tough to Be A Bug if you go to the Animal Kingdom b/c odds are it will scare the you-know-what out of her and you'll all be traumatized:rolleyes:
Your DD will probably be most enchanted with the princesses - my DD fell in love with Snow White!princess: Also, Dumbo is a must and Toontown. Hopefully she'll love PhilaharMagic! Pooh is great. Indy Speedway (?) Tiki Room, parades!!
Have a wonderful trip!!:earsgirl:

Almost forgot the BIGGIE - Cinderella's Carrousel!!!princess:
And try to do the Belle's Storytime to the right and down the walkway of the Castle!

I would do Dumbo, Pooh, and the racetrack early. One adult can always go get a fastpass for the racetrack first thing. Then do Fantasyland (with Dumbo and Pooh being first), then pull a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear before going on the racecars (you'll have to do the gas, but she can sit in the drivers seat and steer). I might would wait to to Philharmagic until after the racecars, while waiting for your Buzz fastpass time. It means some back and forth, but they are not too far away from each other.

Just make sure you get to the park before it opens and allow plenty of time to get to the gate, especially if you are driving.

My son who is 4yo loved Big Thunder Railroad, so you might want to consider that if your daughter is at least 40". He also loved Splash Mt, but was a little scared about the drop before going on it.

T&B

You might want to be careful of the snow white ride depending on your child. Years ago, when I was a nanny, I took the 3 year old I was wathing on the Snow White ride with his mom, well, he was SO afarid and it was the first ride we took him on! He did not want to go on anything else!! I finally convinced him to go on It's a small world, and that was the only thing he would go on that day - so needless to say I've had my share of "It's a small world" for the rest of my life! LOL!!

do dumbo but make sure she doesn't get hooked on it. just be sure to rotate around on all the rides she is comfortable with.
have fun,
alissa
:tongue:

First of alll, you will need a carriage. First ride should be dumbo at opening. then go to Tomorrowland speedway. on your way there pick up a FP for Pooh. Then do teacups (if she wants) an then go to Peter Pan; small world; carrousel and philarmagic (you could also do snow white if she's not scared of it. My kids love it). It should now be time for your FP to Pooh. Ride it and go to Buzz Lightyear.

At this point, it may be time for lunch. If not (or after lunch), go over to adventureland and get FP to jungle cruise. do Tiki Birds and aladin. walk thru the treehouse do jungle cruise. (Are the country bears still there?_ If they are, do that)

We let DS (3 1/2) choose if he wants to do Dumbo or the Indy Speedway, and then do the one he chooses when the park opens. You have about 15 minutes, in our experience, before the lines for these back up to the point where it's not worth waiting (for us, anyway.) If you want to do both, I would definitely do Dumbo first, and then head over to the Indy Speedway. (It's pretty close.) The Speedway is not a fastpass ride, BTW..

Peter Pan and Pooh are both fastpass rides, so there's no need to rush on them right away. IASW generally doesn't have too much of a wait. Toontown doesn't open until 10 AM (not sure if this is true during the summer, though.)

Here is the list of FP rides at MK: BTMRR, Buzz Lightyear, HM, Jungle Cruise, Pooh, PhilharMagic, Peter Pan, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain.

Is it just going to be the 2 of you, or will you have another adult along? If there are 2 adults and you want to do Space Mountain, get fastpasses, and then while one is on Space Mountain, the other takes DD on the TTA. We also do this for Splash Mountain (DS isn't tall enough), taking the kids on the WDW Railroad while the other adult uses a fastpass for Splash.

We usually go once a month, so let me know if you have more questions!:sunny:

Oh, I thought that the speedway was a fastpass ride, but since we went there first thing our second day at MK I didn't actually get a fastpass. Yes, that changes the strategy a little since Dumbo and Speedway don't have the fastpasses.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter