• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which onsite resort has the best spa?

AJKMOM

DIS Veteran
I tried to research this on the official Disney website, but one place shows 3 spas, another click says every resort has a spa.

DIS'ers know more, so can you recommend a spa for a 24 year old, so I can treat my daughter when we go in May?

Thanks.

You can get treatments at almost every resort but it would be in a training room type of environment, not a day spa type of environment.

The 3 spas on site are at the two Niki Bryan spas (at GF and SSR) and the Mandara spa at the Dolphin.

I like the SSR spa the best of the 3. You can go to the website relaxedyet.com for the Niki Bryan spas with information regarding treatments and pricing.

Keep in mind that WDW also refers to hot tubs as "spas" -- therein might lie the "every resort has a spa" confusion.

Just clarifying. I know nothing about spa treatments -- although my college roommate painted my toenails for me once. :rotfl:

We've never been to the S/D spa, but we LOVE the spa at SSR. We enjoy it a lot more than the spa at GF. Enjoy the pampering!!

Keep in mind that WDW also refers to hot tubs as "spas" -- therein might lie the "every resort has a spa" confusion.

Just clarifying. I know nothing about spa treatments -- although my college roommate painted my toenails for me once. :rotfl:

That's my experience, too. Thanks!.

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I have been to GF spa and SSR spa and I think the one at SSR is much better. The reason why is b/c its much bigger. The treatment rooms are bigger, lounger is bigger and facilities are nicer. GF I feel cramped, SSR I feel more relaxed. Plus I have been to GF and the jacuzzi was broken, never had this problem at SSR. I know if I was only at WDW for 2 days or so I would do GF and enjoy a treatment, but if I am on vacation and to R-E-L-A-X I go to SSR. Want to try Mandra but can not comment since I have not been there yet.

Enjoy!!!
Poly Princess

Hi All,
In my opinion the spa at th GF is the best on the grounds. I had a message and a facial thst were to die for mmmm! The staff was great and treatments were very relaxing.

Loved, loved, LOVED the Mandara spa at Dolphin when we were there in October.
10710034.jpg

10710008.jpg

I looked into this question earlier, and found the Ritz Carlton and Saratoga Springs to most recommended. DisUnplugged did a segment on this, and they the Ritz to be the best.

I have not been in Mandara, but of the GF/SSR spas, I think the SSR is a bit nicer. Larger, mostly - the treatments are the same, but the spa itself has more (lockers, shower area, etc.).

Having said that, if I'm staying in the MK area, I prefer to go to the GF spa. Elsewhere, I'd choose SSR. Enjoy!:goodvibes

This is an older thread, but since I'm looking into spas myself, I figure others might still be, too.

Four years ago I went to the Grand Floridian spa and although it was pretty, I was disappointed overall. I recall it was small and you just went into your room after changing. I might have missed it, but I don't remember seeing a common area where you could go in a pool or hot tub or saunas or even a tea room. Or perhaps it was so underwhelming that I skipped it.

I came searching here for a thread to see how the SSR spa was. I may check out the Dolphin since I'm staying at BW.

I have never been to SSR or GF, but did go to the Spa at the Dolphin. I absolutely hated it. I found the services to be lacking and the service itself was not that great.

My daughter and I went and it was so bad, we actually received a full refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter