Which onsite Hotel for one night stay?

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Hubby and I are thinking about heading to FLA and doing one night at IOA then moving over to the BOard Walk Villas at WDW, for two nights. A quick trip without the kids. <grin>

Our main purspose for staying onsite at US/IOA is to get the FOTL passes. And make the most of our short time there....

If we check in around 1 (regardless if the room is ready) can we head straight to the park?

WHich hotel is the closest... Nicests..... best themed??

Thanks bunches!

Since it's just one night & you won't really be able to enjoy the resort, go for the best deal you can get! It won't take long to get to either of the parks from any resort. You get your room key even if the room isn't ready, so you can go right to the parks!!!!

It is the closest to the parks. A five minute walk out the back behind the pool bar. You'll be there in five minutes (or less!). It's a great hotel and just a little more$$ than the RPH which is a little farther out.

Originally posted by Katy
It is the closest to the parks. A five minute walk out the back behind the pool bar. You'll be there in five minutes (or less!). It's a great hotel and just a little more$$ than the RPH which is a little farther out.

Which is closest to the parks??? Thanks!!

Originally posted by CPM
Since it's just one night & you won't really be able to enjoy the resort, go for the best deal you can get!

See now, we always do enjoy any resort we are staying at.... even for one night. Theming and over all service is very important to us. Plus a nice in resort resraunt scores points.

From what I can tell from reading the boards.... Hard Rock is generally a younger crowd.... which is nice. How are the rooms.... Views.... club level??

Porifino Bay is the swankiest.... How do the rooms compare size wise? Even though it will be just my husband and I we are fond of large hotel rooms! Why??? I have no idea! LOL

And the last one is the Royal something... I know the least about that one....

HELP!!!!

She was talking about Hard Rock Hotel, but in reality... Royal Pacific is suppossed to be the "closest"... Its a "tropical" resort. However, if you LOVE music, like I do... you can't go wrong with hard rock (even music UNDERWATER in pools!!) I have stayed at Portofino , and Hard Rock NUMEROUS times... they are ALL a boat ride away. You really should consider staying 2 days...that way you can enjoy the hotel and their pools as well!! I mean how often are you and hubby going to get a chance to get away again WITHOUT the kids?? Think about it!!:cool: (especially consider the 2 days if you have NEVER been to Universal before!!):p

Originally posted by lorivegas
. You really should consider staying 2 days...that way you can enjoy the hotel and their pools as well!! I mean how often are you and hubby going to get a chance to get away again WITHOUT the kids?? Think about it!!:cool: (especially consider the 2 days if you have NEVER been to Universal before!!):p

Our plan is to arrive early on a Thursday, check in, hit the park. Hang at hotel, wake up early, check out, hit the park..... then in the evening head over to Disney for two nights.

As much as we would love to spend more time at Universal, we are drawn to WDW to do the things we havent been able too with the kids.... Like spend a WHOLE day in Future world followed by a night of drinking are way around Epcot, before stumbling home to the Boardwalk Villas..... Ahhhhh like the good old days!!!

Trust me, Lori.... as soon as the girls reach the high resrtictions for the cool coasters.... we will spend 4 or 5 days there!!! :D

My hubby and I did the Disney thing w/o my son...WHAT A TREAT!! I was trying to get him to do it again,at AKL, but he doesn't seem too interested:mad: :confused: :( (he doesn't ride anything big, - I DO, so I guess he isn't too thrilled to just go and "walk around" ). I guess I'll have to find a girlfriend who would want to go, it just seems more special with a loved one. Darn HIM !!;)

Remember, there is a SLEW of clubs/bars/restaurants , ALL within walking distance and IN THE PARKS!! (I'm SURE you know about Citywalk,...right?? ) There is of course Hard Rock Cafe, Margarittaville, Nascar Cafe, NBA City, Motown Cafe, Bob Marleys, Pat O'Briens, Emerils, Latin Quarter, Jazz City, just to name a FEW!!! Yes, you just hop on your boat (or walk) from your hotel!! A BLAST!!:Pinkbounc :D

Originally posted by Laurabearz

See now, we always do enjoy any resort we are staying at.... even for one night. Theming and over all service is very important to us. Plus a nice in resort resraunt scores points.
HELP!!!!

I'm sorry, the way I read your post it seemed that you really were staying onsite just for Express.
I prefer PBH, so do my children. The rooms are larger & we don't feel crammed. Many great restaurants to choose from & you don't have to fight for a pool chair! But still for one night, I'd go with the best rate, since you really can't go wrong with any of the resorts!
Ask for a king bed, it will make any room seem larger!

Originally posted by CPM

Ask for a king bed, it will make any room seem larger!

Thanks for your input :D I re-read my first post and your right.... it does come off as just wanting express.... sorry for the confussion!

I also wanted just one night on a Saturday. I was told RPH and HRH had two night stay minimums so PBH was my only choice. I don't know if this was just for a Saturday night.

Originally posted by jims123
I also wanted just one night on a Saturday. I was told RPH and HRH had two night stay minimums so PBH was my only choice. I don't know if this was just for a Saturday night.

Thanks for the info... when we get close to deciding a date, I will call and find out. Worse case secenerio we go in off season and stay at BWV the whole time....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter