Which onsite has the best pool?

scootch

DIS Veteran
We enjoy spending time at the pool too.... kids will be 9 and 11 at the time we would be going....so looking for a moderate slide. tks.

We enjoy spending time at the pool too.... kids will be 9 and 11 at the time we would be going....so looking for a moderate slide. tks.

Hard Rock is the one with the slide. I am not too sure what Portofino has. RPR has a water play area.

I do believe you are allowed to hop pools but if you want a slide then I think Hard Rock is your best bet.

Portofino has two pools. One has a slide and I believe it also has zero depth entry (which I think is cool). Portifino is probabaly the nicest resort. It used to be substantially more expensive than the others but the price differnece is much less now for some reason.

Royal Pacific is a beautiful resort but we were disappointed in the pool. When we stayed there, the pool had visible cracks with surface mold which really grossed me out. I didn't go in and the kids quickly got bored. I did think that the resort itself was just as pretty as Poly at WDW.

We like Hard Rock pool is the best though. We are staying at Hard Rock in August and paying through the nose specifically because we love the pool so much. It has a fun slide, a sandy area, cabanas, underwater music, and when we were there they had a dj running silly games to keep the kids entertained.

I didn't see the cracks at RPR at time we were there..:confused3
But HRH and PBH both have slides,RPR don't they do have A great play area for the kids with water cannons and all tho!!

You would proballly get more of A response and please read the sticky's on the US Resort forum..:thumbsup2

RPR is our fav resort ,even our DD13 , we stayed at PBH twice, but DD quickly got bored with the slide, there always seemed to be much more happening around RPR pool DD especiallyloves the water volleyball as everyone joins in if they want.
never had any probs with pool at RPR and we have been stayin for the last 5 years usually July time, pool is always in top condition and never saw it dirty

I'd say HRH. Our basis of where to stay this time around came down to which one had our favorite pool, which is HRH. Our boys are 11 & 13 and they absolutely love it there. They liked RPR too and I think the grounds are gorgeous, but the slide at Hard Rock was the deal-maker for us. No matter where you decide to stay, you can always pool hop.

I'd say the Hard Rock
We love their pool, it's alot of fun
The last time we stayed there, I loved how my youngest would go under the water and "dance" to the underwater music
So stinkin cute! :goodvibes

I also have stayed at RPR for the last 3 years and have never seen any cracks or mold in or around the pool and has always been well maintained and clean

I took ds12 to Uni for a special trip over Thanksgiving and he had his choice of resorts --he chose RPR. He also could have selected any Disney resort, but that is another thread...

We have visited the pools at all 3 resorts and stayed at RPR and PBH. RPR is our favorite, hands down. It's all about your personal vibe, and what you are looking for. We prefer the tropical getaway atmosphere, and the pool works fine for ds. He was quickly bored by the slides (at PBH and HRH), but really enjoyed the volleyball and other activities. I think it depends on your kidlet...

Maria :upsidedow

Royal Pacific

Probably the best for kids

dsc2626s.jpg

dsc2627s.jpg

Hard Rock

Best for teens?

hardrockhotel58s.jpg

hardrockhotel59s.jpg

Portofino

Main Pool

dsc2394s.jpg

dsc2395s.jpg

"Elite" Pool

dsc2399s.jpg

dsc2408s.jpg

.​

DonPacho we are gonna start calling ya the PICTURE MAN!!!!:thumbsup2

Again great pixs!!:thumbsup2

RPR is our fav resort ,even our DD13 , we stayed at PBH twice, but DD quickly got bored with the slide, there always seemed to be much more happening around RPR pool DD especiallyloves the water volleyball as everyone joins in if they want.
never had any probs with pool at RPR and we have been stayin for the last 5 years usually July time, pool is always in top condition and never saw it dirty

I agree, the kids loved that balls and volleyball. People were very cool letting everybody play, But I could see this not always happening.

My little one (7 at the time) had so much fun at the RPR pool that he received a goose egg sized knot on his head after running into one of those poles at the water play area and never came to tell me. I didn't see it until he came over to me. He was apparently having the time of his life!

Is the pool at HRH heated enough to swim in comfortably in November? Also does it have two outdoors hottubs?

THANKS!

Not sure about the HRH, but the PBH has a great hot tub by the main pool - big rectangular one. Their pool is heated; we went swimming one evening after dark around 7 on December 12, temp about 68 outside, was pretty comfortable (but no wind, which helped tremendously).

The main pool at PBH has two hot tubs with waterfalls.You wanna talk about HOT,it felt like walking into fire and this was mid October.
I know all three are heated.Been all times of the year and the water is always warm!!

I would also recommend HRH pool.. with the slide and the music under the water.. the kids will love it!

Is the pool at HRH heated enough to swim in comfortably in November? Also does it have two outdoors hottubs?

THANKS!

We swim in the pool in December...it's definitely heated. This year it was chilly out and we still enjoyed it. Enjoy:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter