• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which One First, Star Tours or Toy Story Mania?

jasko5990

In Valor There Is Hope
This is directed to anyone who has been to Hollywood Studios at park opening (normal or EMH) and after after the re-opening hype of Star Tours has died down, the more recent the better. Which attraction has the longer wait time in the morning, Star Tours or Toy Story Mania?

DVCZerfs & Sharadoc, I know you're down there now. Hopefully you see this post & can help out a fellow Quaker.

Everything I've seen so far says that TSM is still the go-to ride, and that the wait for ST has been topping out around 45-60 minutes.

If you're planning on both, definately Toy Story Mania. We just returned a few days ago and the fast passes for Toy Story Mania were early afternoon right after opening, but only about an hour out for Star Tours.

In fact, we received our Toy Story Mania fastpasses and then only waited about 15 minute for Star Tours. It took almost as long to get through the Toy Story Mania fastpass line as to do standby for Star Tours.

Also, ride Star Tours at least twice. Our first ride was so-so, an improvement, but nothing spectacular. Getting a different ending on our second ride made a huge difference. Some of the sequences with the "random" rides are much better than others. Our second time riding had an underwater scene that was absolutely great in 3D.

Tsm, we were there 6/15 and 6/18 and never fp'd star tours my daughter got on it 5 times in one day the line was so short, she just went off and on (with various combinations of the adults in our party)

We just got back as well. FP TSM and then go to Star Tours, we rode it with little wait early in the day and as well during the first viewing of Fantasmic. Its a great ride, better than TSM in my opinion. My 5 year old DD asked to ride it over and over, one ride on TSM was enough for both my children.

Tsm, we were there 6/15 and 6/18 and never fp'd star tours my daughter got on it 5 times in one day the line was so short, she just went off and on (with various combinations of the adults in our party)

We were also there 6/15 (celebrating my 40th birthday). I got FPs for TSM at exactly 10:00 am with a return time of 3:50 pm. Then we went straight to Star Tours 2 and waited about 10 minutes in the standby line to ride. We could have ridden more times but we were trying to do all 4 parks in one day, so it was off to Epcot for us. (We came back later to ride TSM using our FPs.) I definitely recommend TSM first!

We were there 6/9-6/15, I rode Star Tour 7 times (3, 2, and 1 time on 3 days) and only rode TSMM twice. I made the mistake of going to Star Tours first and riding it back to back and then heading over to TSMM. By 9:30 it was already a 45 minute wait, so I Fastpassed it, and by the time my FP time hit and we rode once, I wanted to hop over to Epcot instead of trying to wait through another FP window. Star Tours is amazing, but TSMM i stil the king in terms of wait times.

We were just there yesterday. At any given time, the wait for TSM was easily twice that of ST. (For example, after lunch TSM was 110 minutes but ST was 50 minutes).

We got FP for TSM (my first time on the ride and I see the attraction of it now!), and then got in line for ST. We got there at opening and our FP time for TSM was 2:00. We did FP for ST several times as well and got times that were an hour out from when we got them. Both were amazing! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter