• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which one, Capt. Marvins or Capt. Bryan's?

DawnL

Mouseketeer
We have a group of 14 going to the Western so we are going to try to book a Stingray City tour on our own. We are trying to decide between Capt. Marvins and Capt. Bryan's. Can anyone provide information on either tour? Thanks.

In my experience, the only real choice for a great vacation is Captain Morgan's.

I just booked through Captain Bryans for our Oct 25th cruise. I choose them, I have heard good reviews of them here on the DIS, and I liked that their office was only 2 blocks from the port. No need to spend extra money on a cab.

Captain Marvin's is also easy walking distance from the dock. Just a couple blocks.

Definitely Captain Bryans Catamaran stingray city trip. They are basically the same trip except with Captain Bryans you are on a beautiful 50ft catamaran with room to layout and relax instead of a cramped motor boat.

Captain Bryan and Javed(sp?) are wonderful. We've done this trip many times and have always had a great time. They have an office right in town, actually I believe its just pasted Captain Marvins.

The highlight of our trip was Captian Marvin's. I can see how the boat might be smaller for 14. However, we also saw Bryan's on the way out and I still would prefer Marvins.

DawnL
We faced this same dilemma prior to our July cruise. We received so much positive feedback on both, that we came to the conclusion that regardless of which excursion we took, we would have an awesome trip. And we did! The way we finally decided was based on our preference to be on a catamaran. We had 4 kids in our group and they spent the trip both to and from Stingray City lounging on the "trampoline" portion of the catamaran. It was pretty spacious. But no matter which you choose, it sounds like you will have a wonderful experience!

I went with Capt. Bryan last Feb. Our family was the only one on the boat. Other boats were jam packed! We had Capt. Aster and he was wonderful. It was the highlight of our trip :sunny:

Any of you that used Capt Bryans, do you have any trip pictures? I would love to see some if you have them :-)

We used Capt Marvin's this past July and found them to be a A+ class operation all the way. Judging from the positive feedback you're receiving on both companies, I would say you can't go wrong either way!

Hey dzneprincess,
I too will be on the October 25th cruise and am thinking of booking Captain Bryans. I like the idea of the catamaran. I am bringing my 2 year old dd and thought she might like the stingrays and if not, thank God Grandma will be there. So if you are with a group of people with one noisy 2 year old girl, that will be us.

Cool! Is your program at 930 am also? Maybe we will be together than, we will be a group of 7. Me (28), DH (30), DM (48), DF(48), DS (8), DD (7) and DS (4) ! So another little one wont bother us at all! LOL

We had both booked w/ Capt Marvins and Bryans and finally chose Capt Bryans. We just used them this past July and the reason we chose them was because we wanted a Catamaran. it was very nice, stable and fun. Only about 20-25 of us on the trip. I do have pics but since we were in the water, I didn't bring the digital for it. We use water cameras for the excursion...sorry. The pics came out great though. As everyone said, both are good companies but if you want the Catamaran/Trimaran you should go w/ Capt Bryan's. Capt Marvins does not have Catamarans or at least they didn't when we asked. We were told we would have the videographer w/ us too but that didn't happen. That was the only disappointing part. Capt Bryan's is the same direction as Capt Marvins but about 1/2 block farther.

I am very excited! I just got off booking Captain Bryan's 2 stop tour for October!

I asked about the capacity of the boat -- the Catamaran/Trimaran and he said it could hold about 50 people, but they are averaging around 25.

I'll be on it Tuesday, Oct 14th. Me, DH42, DS8, and DD4.

And our friends - DH42, DW42, DD10 and DS8.

Can't wait!

dzneprincess, I just booked Captain Bryans 9:30 excursion. I'll see you there. My group will include me (30), my DH (30), my DD (2), my parents, and my sister and her husband. All in all, we have a much larger group that we are traveling with, but that is all that is going on this excursion.

Great! Looks like there will be 14 of us then! I wonder if it will just be us? HOw many do they usually take out I wonder? Did you get your confirmation yet? Do you plan on taking drinks and snacks? I am getting so excited! I will be a little freaked though! LOL I am going to go ahead and warn you!

Knilsen,
Any concern with a 2 yr old on the cat?

Or ds is 2 1/2 and we're concerned he might jump off the edge. We rented a pontoon boat last weekend and only settled on that because it had four sides . He still managed to crawl on one seat and try to hoist himself over the edge.

HAs anyone had experience with little ones on these trips?

I am a little concerned about bringing my 2 year old, but she is fairly calm and I think she will be too afraid to go near the edge. In any case, I have enough people in my party to keep an eye on her.

I've heard nothing but good reports about Captain Bryans so I am excited. From what I've heard, his groups seem to be fairly small (under 20). I have not gotten a confirmation yet, as I just booked it earlier this evening.

I will be bringing water and lots of snacks for my DD. I just hope I don't get sick, I'm getting a little nervous about that. I've never been on a catamaran.

You will get life vests for all of you on the boat. Make sure you tell them you have a 2 year old so they can get him the right size vest.

When I went with Capt. Bryan, he personally drove us to the boat and stopped at the supermarket on the way. He asked us what we wanted to drink and got it for us.

I get seasick and didn't feel the least bit sick. You will have so much fun :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter