Which of these is most romantic?

AugustDisney

Mouseketeer
Okay, so my trip is just over two weeks away (I'M SO EXCITED) and my boyfriend Mike and I want to make one of our meals stand out. We are on deluxe dining with three signature meals planned and we want to make one these meals nicer by dressing up a bit more than on the other days/meals. Which place do you think would be best for the "dressy/romantic" meal.

Option #1: Yachtsman Steakhouse, Day 2 of 8 of our trip. 7:35pm reservation

Option #2: Jiko, Day 6 of 8 of our trip. 6:10pm reservation

Option #3: Citricos, Day 7 of 8 of our trip. 8:45pm reservation

Thanks!

My vote is for Citricos. My husband and I went on our honeymoon, and even though there was a restaurant full of people, we felt as though we were alone. Our server did a great job to keep our experience intimate. It was delicious and we then took the monorail to the Poly and caught Wishes from the beach. It was perfect!:love:

I would choose Citricos, not just for atmosphere, but for timing. The later dinners are usually much quieter.

How dressy is dressy? Do you plan on wearing park clothes on the other 2 nights? My girlfriend and I eat a lot of signature dinners when at WDW and we always make it a point to shower and freshen up before hand. Some people do wear their park attire to signatures, but we wouldn't feel comfortable at all doing that. Usually she wears nice jeans or pants or a skirt and a nice top, while I wear nice shorts or khakis/dockers and either a polo or other collared shirt. Neither of us wear sneakers. We both feel that getting any less or any more dressed up would either make us feel out of place or would be a bit overkill. Since you are not eating at V&A's there is no point in having him shlep a sports coat or anything like that. In other words, we wouldn't dress any more or less dressy at any one of those restaurants over another. But then again, I don't know what you had in mind.

Now, to answer your origional question. Citricos and Jiko are both pretty high on the romantic side when it comes to Disney dining (and the restaurants on the dining plan). Pretty different atmospheres but with the same result. Yachtsman is really anything but romantic, IMO. If you were looking to designate one over the other, I would say go with Jiko, only because you can really make a nice date night out of being at AKL between watching the animals (with night vision goggles), walking around the resort or grabbing a drink and sitting out at the fire pit.

We've been to all three restaurants and they are great. I think Citricos has more of the atmosphere that you would want for a special night of dressing up and having a romantic meal. Enjoy your trip!

How dressy is dressy? Do you plan on wearing park clothes on the other 2 nights? My girlfriend and I eat a lot of signature dinners when at WDW and we always make it a point to shower and freshen up before hand. Some people do wear their park attire to signatures, but we wouldn't feel comfortable at all doing that. Usually she wears nice jeans or pants or a skirt and a nice top, while I wear nice shorts or khakis/dockers and either a polo or other collared shirt. Neither of us wear sneakers. We both feel that getting any less or any more dressed up would either make us feel out of place or would be a bit overkill. Since you are not eating at V&A's there is no point in having him shlep a sports coat or anything like that. In other words, we wouldn't dress any more or less dressy at any one of those restaurants over another. But then again, I don't know what you had in mind.

I was thinking he would wear plaid shorts and a collared shirt with loafers, and I would wear a skirt or dress with nice sandals. We probably won't wear "park clothes" to any of our signatures (even though we could get away with it) but we won't have a special outfit set aside for every signature either...that just isn't practical for packing and flying.

It sounds like Citricos is going to be the choice! We may repeat the same outfits for our dinner at Yachtsman since it is right in our hotel and we won't have to wear those clothes outside long enough to get them sweaty and gross. Plus, I do plan on doing laundry one time during the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter