Which of these 12 ADRs should I cut, if any?

twinspluscade

DIS Veteran
We currently have 12 ADRs booked (for an 11 night stay). I'm considering cancelling a few to save some $$, but I can't decide which ones (if any!) to cancel. I am willing to keep all of them if they're "worth it" (knowing that's subjective), but if they're are any duds in the group I'll be happy to cancel! Oh, and we're not on the DP.

I've got booked:

Ohana (dinner)

1900 Park Fare (breakfast) **considering cancelling since the kids don't care about meeting characters. Is the food really good? I'll keep it if it's worth it for the food!

Raglan Road

Boma (dinner)

BOG (breakfast)**will probably keep no matter what; we've never been

Crystal Palace (lunch)**We ate here last in 2007, and really liked it. Is the food still good? Again, my kids have no desire to meet the characters; this would strictly be for the food

Biergarten ***I absolutely hate the idea of sitting with strangers, and I know dh will too. I probably will cancel this one. OTOH,the food looks good!

Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)**Might switch to lunch, which would be cheaper! However, I loved the dinner we ate here in 2007

Sci-Fi **Must keep this one; dh's request

Sanaa

Trails End (dinner)

Cape May Cafe (dinner)***I'm the only one in our family who likes seafood! Enough here for non-seafood eaters? Expensive for five "adults", so I may cancel.

Should I keep all of these? Which ones would YOU cancel?

Cancel or change Ohana. We were there three weeks ago and it was just terrible. 1 hour after reservation time to get seated, food was awful. I would choose anyplace else.

That's disheartening. We ate there 10 years ago and thought it was pretty decent food and well themed. I have an ADR there for this trip--maybe I should read some more recent reviews.

If you don't care about characters but just want the buffet, I would switch Crystal Palace to breakfast (before park opening is best) and cancel 1900PF. We are PF fans but only because of the characters, the food is quite run of the mill, CP has more variety and is better quality, in our experience. Lunch is our least favorite meal at CP.

I would definitely switch to LTT lunch.

We don't enjoy Cape May at all and wouldn't go out of the way for the low quality seafood. There are other things besides seafood so don't let that stop you. For us, for the price, it is a let down.

We are deeply introverted and still do Biergarten. The communal seating has a way of working itself out. :). Likely, you will be with other people who don't want to chit chat either, LOL.

I loathe Sci Fi so I personally would cancel it but I understand it being a non negotiable. My kids loved it when they were smaller but they seem to have outgrown it which makes me happy.

The ones I wouldn't cancel. 'Ohana, Boma and Raglan Road...three of our favorites.

Ohana (dinner)

We ate here on our last two trips and loved it. You can't beat the fun atmosphere and the great food. It's a good meal. Check my dining reports in my signature if you would like to see the meal! :)

1900 Park Fare (breakfast) **considering cancelling since the kids don't care about meeting characters. Is the food really good? I'll keep it if it's worth it for the food!

I'm a big breakfast buffet fan. I think this buffet sounds fun, but I feel like it's pricy to pay for a buffet if you may not really want to see the characters since they're pricy.

Raglan Road

The Irish dancers are really fun to watch here! It was a cool experience. I didn't love the food, but I think I chose poorly (I had the schnitzel).

Boma (dinner)

I've never been to Boma, but I have heard great things - we'll be doing breakfast here next trip!

I think BOG breakfast sounds like an awesome experience!

Crystal Palace (lunch)**We ate here last in 2007, and really liked it. Is the food still good? Again, my kids have no desire to meet the characters; this would strictly be for the food

We did Crystal Palace for breakfast last trip and just LOVED it. They had a huge selection on the buffet and it was great. We weren't all about the characters either but it was a great meal. I can't comment on lunch since I've never been.

Biergarten ***I absolutely hate the idea of sitting with strangers, and I know dh will too. I probably will cancel this one. OTOH,the food looks good!

Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)**Might switch to lunch, which would be cheaper! However, I loved the dinner we ate here in 2007

Sanaa This seems like a really cool different place.. I'm excited to try Sanaa on our next trip. I say keep! :)
Trails End (dinner) I have heard awesome things about the buffet here!

Cape May Cafe (dinner)***I'm the only one in our family who likes seafood! Enough here for non-seafood eaters? Expensive for five "adults", so I may cancel.

I think you have some awesome choices!! I will say it's quite a few buffets/all you can eats, but if that pleases everyone in your party then go for it. If I had to choose one to eliminate, I'd say 1900 Park Fare for breakfast (only because you said you can do without the characters and I've heard that the breakfast is just okay..) or Biergarten. Another one to suggest, not sure if you'd like it, is Tusker House for breakfast. We went there on our most recent trip and it was amazing! The food was just so good.

I'm a CMC fan, but if you are the only one eating seafood I think you should ditch it. That's just too much money to spend otherwise. There is a lot on the buffet, but it's not worth the price without seafood, imo.

I would choose between Boma and Sanaa and only eat at one.

I'm introverted but I really enjoy biergarten. The buffet is fantastic and the entertainment is fun. The communal seating isn't terrible.

Personally, we have found Ohana (dinner) to be awful for the last several years. 1900 breakfast is ok, Tusker house is our favorite breakfast. We would do Crystal Palace or Ohana for breakfast over 1900.

I would also switch BOG breakfast to lunch unless you just want to get in the park early. We love Liberty Tavern for lunch but would never eat there again for dinner, seemed like a frozen dinner to us.

I will add that we don't care for buffets so take my advice on those with that caveat.

I'd switch to liberty tree lunch vice dinner. Cheaper, more options, and ooey gooey toffee cake.

I'm not s buffet fan in general so I'd you don't like the characters is skip 1900 and head to Kona instead, it's cheaper and the best breakfast on property

I'd skip Sanaa- but Boma is great!
We liked the atmosphere at Biergarten but really couldn't find anything we liked to eat- and we are adventurous eaters!

Another vote for cancelling Park Fare - we were unimpressed with the food and I would only consider returning if my kids really wanted to see Mad Hatter or Mary Poppins. Our favorite breakfasts are Tusker House and Kona.

And, we have three introverts in our family (including both of the adults) but we love Biergarten. If you time it right, you can watch the band play, which takes a lot of pressure off of making small talk with others at the table. And, we have never felt pressured to interact much more than a simple "hello".

I think your choices look great! Ohana and Raglan Road are two of our favorites, and we are excited to try BOG breakfast this time.

I would cancel Cape May and 1900 Park Fare. I don't think 1900 Park Fare is worth it if you don't care about characters and I don't think Cape May is worth it with only one seafood eater. I agree with PP to change Liberty Tree to lunch and consider changing Crystal Palace to breakfast. I would keep Biergarten - it's one of our favorites! The communal seating is not a big deal - not really any different than being seated next to a stranger at a show. Say hi and then get down to eating and watching the band!

Definitely keep Sanaa! It's one of our favorites. Besides incredible food, the atmosphere is great. One to keep on your list :thumbsup2

Biergarten isn't really bad sitting with other people, I don't think. Oddly though, the two times I've been I've ended up sitting with people who work in funeral homes. :eek:

The buffets, to me, aren't "worth it" if you're not interested in the characters. While I've enjoyed the food at every buffet I've done, I think there's better food to be found elsewhere (for significantly less money) if you're not interested in characters.

I do not care for lunch or dinner buffets. But I love 1900 PF breakfast. We went to CP 2 years ago for lunch and we were unimpressed with the food. Raglan Road is good, I would keep that.

I think buffets are fun for kids - to be able to go up and have "control" of what they want to put on their plate... its something I think they enjoy. I would also consider where you are going to be for some of your choices... again "worth it" is so subjective... I may reconsider Raglan Road (unless its a down day and you're going to be at DTD anyway) Sanaa (again, its ok if you're at AK for the day then swing by there for dinner, but if your kids aren't adventurous... the atmosphere at AKL is fun, but Boma is a buffet, and may have more choices ... we've eaten at both)

I think the kids enjoy Ohana, its a fun atmosphere, and plain food - so they enjoy it, same for Biergarten, you're at Epcot, its a fun place for kids, a nice experience... I've heard good things about the food and price at Trails' End, but I wouldn't go out of my way just to eat there, I think traveling takes time away too, so I'd rather eat a CS meal than to travel out to FW and eat at their buffet... but, that's just me, and the experiences I've had with my family, you're family, and other posters have different experiences... I do agree 12 adr for an 11 night stay may be too much for your family... its so hard to chose isn't it?!

I'd cancel this one. We enjoyed Crystal Palace, but mainly for the pre-park entrance and for the characters. It is expensive and takes a good bit of time, so if you don't want to see the characters, and it would cut into your park time, I'd do a quick serve instead.

Thanks for all the replies:-).

I've changed several of them. I cancelled Park Fare and Cape May. We'll do QS for those meals instead.

I switched Liberty Tree to lunch, and we'll be sure to try the ooey gooey toffee cake! I read it's somewhat similar to the blondie at Applebee's, which dh and I both love and is about the only thing I think is worth ordering at Applebee's.

I cancelled Biergarten, and booked Via Napoli instead. I just can't get past the communal seating.Sometimes I don't like to talk to my own family when I'm eating;-), to possibly have to converse with someone else's isn't my idea of a good time. And of course it would be my luck to be seated next to a talker (nothing against extroverts; it just isn't my thing to talk a lot to strangers).

So far, I'm keeping Crystal Palace, but I may switch that for the Plaza restaurant.

We currently have 12 ADRs booked (for an 11 night stay). I'm considering cancelling a few to save some $$, but I can't decide which ones (if any!) to cancel. I am willing to keep all of them if they're "worth it" (knowing that's subjective), but if they're are any duds in the group I'll be happy to cancel! Oh, and we're not on the DP.

I've got booked:

Ohana (dinner)

Raglan Road

Boma (dinner)

Sanaa

Trails End (dinner)

Should I keep all of these? Which ones would YOU cancel?

If you have no interest in meeting characters, I would cancel 1900 and CP. The food isn't good enough to warrant the price tag if no one wants to see characters, IMHO. We've had very bad experiences with our table-mates at Biergarten and we'll never do it again unless we are with a large enough group of our own to get our own table. If you are the only one who likes seafood, I would cancel Cape May. Way too expensive for non-seafood eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter