Which of the deluxes would you choose for a honeymoon...?

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
Sheesh..I had some techno trouble earlier...couldn't find this thread at all....lol

OK...my question...which deluxe for a honeymoon and why? I really like the Poly but have never stayed there. I have stayed at the All Stars, Port Orleans (old name), Fort Wilderness, the Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas, the Beach Club, and the Contemporary. I really liked all of them. The best view I can recall was the Contemporary of the castle at night...it was awesome but other than that...I wasn't too thrilled with the rest of the Contemporary.

I'm looking for a great view...a balony obviously...and good service.

Any thoughts, wether good or bad would be greatly appreciated!
Esmerelda

The Polynesian has great castle views from some of their lagoon view rooms. If you can splurge and stay lagoon view concierge, the rooms in the concierge longhouse (Hawaii building) that face the lagoon have neat castle views. However, only the third floor rooms have balconies. The first floor rooms have patios (which are nice--you can walk off your patio, across some grass, and straight onto the beach) and the second floor rooms don't have any balconies (the glass doors just open and have a railing flush with the side of the building). You can get TONS of great info about the Polynesian at another DISer, Tikiman's, website. I will post a link to his site and a link to my ofoto album with pictures of my lagoon concierge room and my garden concierge room at the Poly for you to check out. :)

Tikiman's Polynesian Website

Polynesian Lagoon Concierge Pictures

Polynesian Garden Concierge Pictures

We stayed at AKL savannah view and the Poly garden view concierge during our wedding/honeymoon trip. Although we liked the Poly, if we had to do it all again, we'd stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge the entire time. The monorail was nice to use to go to Magic Kingdom, but we found that getting to the other parks took a real long time, and the busses didn't seem to come very frequently. In addition, the building we were in was probably the furthest from the main lodge, so we usually hiked over to the TTC instead (it was much closer). Also, the shops and bar at the Poly closed much earlier than at AKL (and much earlier than at the All Star Movies where most of our wedding guests stayed). We also liked the room set-up better at AKL. Although our room at the Poly was HUGE, AKL had the separate vanity outside the main bathroom, so it made it easier for each of us to get ready in the morning. We also liked the cafeteria and the pool better at ALK - the late night counter offerings at the poly are terrible, and although the room service items are wonderful, they are terribly expensive (we like to stay up late and enjoy a bit of food and beverage!) All in all, if we had to do it again, we'd go with the lower priced hotel that offered more services during the times we would utilize them (in the afternoon and after park closing, rather than first thing in the morning).

Marne
06-16-03

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter