Which of 4 parks to "skip".........

If you are going anyway, one more little boy won't make much difference, especially if you're willing to buy a ticket for him. It may be that his parents will not want to do the trip again, but won't mind if he goes with you.

That said, if you have to skip a park, take the kids' interests into account when you decide which one. Also, as others have said, you can work AK and Epcot into one day if you do AK early and just hit the high points, then move on to Epcot for the evening and do the same thing. The "kiddie tour" of MGM can also be done in less than a full day if the adults are not dead-set on riding TOT and RNR.

We always do 4 day trips and we always hit all of the parks, except for the water parks.

We have a 2 1/2 YO and this is our plan. We have a 4 day park hopper plus (yes a plus). Each day has a break for swim/nap

Sunday : MK
Monday: BB
Tuesday: Chef Mickey then Epcot in afternoon and evening
Wed: Nothing
Thurs: AK in am, MGM in evening
Friday: MK and 1900 Park Fare

My 2 YO won't like most of MGM but there are a couple things I want to do (TOT, I was pregnant last time we went so I couldn't go) and WWTBAM. Older kids would like MGM.

I think older kids would like Future world but not the WS so much.

JMHO.

Does your nephew like Legos? If so be sure to do the Lego Imagination Station at DTD. It was a lot of fun for our DS who is addicted to Legos! If you do be sure to stop by Giradellis for a chocolate shake too!:D

We're planning our first WDW trip for two families. We have a 4.5 yo DD and they have a 3.5 yo DD. We arrive midday on Thursday at Wilderness Lodge and transfer on Sunday to the Wonder. We were thinking of visiting the MK twice and AK once, with lots of pool/resort time. Does this sound good to veterans? Thanks for your input!

I'd skip MGM.

I never feel like I do enough there - spend too much time waiting for shows to start - their doesn't seem to be an efficient way to do the park - no rides I really like.

On the other hand, I love AK - and my kids do too. We are from a part of the country that doesn't have elephants or hippos in zoos - too cold up here in Minnesota. And my kids love zoos. The lush vegetation (we go in fall or winter) is wonderful coming from a brown Minnesota. And although we spent at least part of two days their, we never did get to everything we wanted to see.

Our kids (5 & 2) loved Epcot. Don't skip it. However, since most of the best restaurants are there save it for the evening. We did early dinners there and then toured. Plus, we didn't try to do all of the world showcase and focused our attention on Future World.

We could have skipped Animal Kingdom - there wasn't that much there that interested us. It was so hot, that we didn't have much desire to watch a bunch of outdoor live shows. However, it is a neat atmosphere and worth checking out. Plus, I think they now have an area of kiddie rides that they didn't have when we were there.

Our only regret was not spending enough time in MGM. We only budgeted a few hours for it. Once we got there, we really liked the atmosphere (we used to live in LA and still pine for the cheesiness) and wished we had some more time. Oh well, we'll just have to go back.

Since the focus is on the Children that the planning will have to have two options, MK - Buzz,
Epcot- Figment etc., MGM - On stage Bear in the Big Blue House and Rolly etc. Ak - Nature in the morning and Dinoland.
I suggest calling the disney info line and try to get the times of the stage shows like the ones above , we missed a couple at MGM by arriving late, also the parades will jam you from getting around especially AK.
If you buy a unofficial giude to WDW and just input into you pc you will find it takes to weeks to see all of WDW, research at Barnes and Noble
and get suggestions for your childrens age range.
The Options are seeing all or seeing what they have been exposed to from THE WHOLE DISNEY CO.
For those special DON'T FORGET USING E-PASS !!!!!!! :jester:

IMO,
It would be ideal to spend 1/2 day at AK, 1/2 at Epcot, and you could omit the world showcase. But, a 4 and 6 yr old may not be able to do this and still enjoy it all.
We were there last year with our 3 1/2 yr DD and our twin 8yr DD's. They enjoyed AK, the safari , the water ride were their favorite parts. THe dinosaur ride might be too scary, however, our 3 yr old loved it and our 8 yr olds were scared!
I took only our 8 yr olds to epcot, at night. They were so tired, they couldn't even stay for illuminations!
I was suprised at how tired they were, especially our 3 yr old. She was used to being up until at least 9pm at home, at Disney, she was asleep every day by 7-7:30 (she didn't nap anymore, and she was too wound up to try to there - so we didn't push that issue, we would just start our day early... and all the parks, but Epcot, closed at 7)).
I hope this is helpful to you!
:D

I'm an 11 yr old girl and our latest visit was last Feb. I have
a 4 yr old bro. and he liked MK and AK the best .But my 13 yr old
bro. liked Epcot and MGM. MGM has a great night show, and Epcot
has things 4 older kids.

:bounce:

I would likely not skip any of them, but go to AK until it closed, then hop over to Epcot... there is less for that age group there that would spark their interest, anyway. They may enjoy Test Track, Maelstrom, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and the new Journey into Your Imagination... and of course Illuminations. If you get there by 5 pm, and stay until close, you could probably do almost all of those... depending on the time of year you are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter