• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which No-Longer-There attraction do you miss most?

I think jlk is right, WoL ended up without a sponsor. Plus, a lot of stuff inside was dated (which I thought added to the appeal of the place). So I'd definitely say Wonders of Life, too. Body Wars was such a fun, campy sci-fi ride.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride I remember being little and wanting to go on his ride and no one else wanted to go but my Papa so it was our ride we always did it just us.... Now that I am an adult and take my daughter on Winnie the Pooh I can't help but remeber the old Mr. Toad cars and all the crazy characters. But its okay my daughter loves going on Winnie the Pooh with her Great Papa (my Papa)

Growing up, my family would drive to Florida (from Connecticut) every year for vacation and we would almost always go Disney World for part of the trip. I always loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. For sentimental reasons alone, I miss that one! :)

The Timekeeper in the MK. Robin Williams at his manic best!

Luckily, between YouTube and D-Cot, I can relive the memories anytime I want.

In the Magic Kingdom: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and the skyway ride

In Epcot: the Tapestry of Nations parade

I miss Tapestry of Nations too! IMO that was the best parade Disney World ever had, and I can't figure out why they phased it out! It really made my 2000 trip special.

I also wish they would bring back the old ending to Spaceship Earth with all the shooting stars, instead of the new ending where you choose your future. It made you feel like you were actually in space and you were the future of the whole journey of the Spaceship Earth. The new ending is cute but I feel it doesn't fit with the tone of the rest of the ride.

It's a hard call. I miss the original Journey Into Imagination, but since the ride is still there, I guess that isn't really an answer to the question.

I would have to say that the two things I miss most (because I really can't narrow it down to just one) are Horizons, and the World of Motion.

Horizons, World of Motion & the original Figment ride; also Main Street Electrical Parade at MK (although I love Spectro, too). I'm also going to miss Star Tours.

MK- Dreamflight (Takeflight etc)
Epcot - World of Motion
HS - the old backlot tour
AK - the original plot for Kilimanjaro Safari
Other - Discovery Island

I dont remember "World Of Motion" at Epcot. What was it and when did it close?

It's a hard call. I miss the original Journey Into Imagination, but since the ride is still there, I guess that isn't really an answer to the question.

I would have to say that the two things I miss most (because I really can't narrow it down to just one) are Horizons, and the World of Motion.

me too... i miss journey and do not consider what is currently there to be anything close to the original. Horizons and WoM had that old school whimsy that current rides just lack.

I miss the old sound show at DHS. The one before that terrible Drew Carrey show that is there now. The old one had Chevy Chase and it was soooo much better.

I also miss the houses on the backlot tour. I loved seeing the Golden Girls' house.

I miss Mr Toad too but at least that is still at DL.

One of the things I remember most was "If You Had Wings" and I think it was sponsored by an airline (PanAM? Eastern?) that isn't in existence any more. It was cool and a comfortable place to sit and there was never a line...

I dont remember "World Of Motion" at Epcot. What was it and when did it close?
It closed in the mid 90's (thinking '96 but i might be wrong) It was where test track is now, it was more or less a ride that showed the history of transportation (sort of like how Spaceship Earth is the history of communication)

I miss Horizons the most particularly after I experienced the mess of an attraction that they replaced it with. The new building is lovely and I like Gary Sinise but the rest of it was "meh" IMO and just felt odd on the orange side. The old attraction had great audioanimatronics and music and was just plain fun until Disney let it get run down.

I guess that I'm still more resentful of the change than I realized!

Now that I've vented.... ;)

I also miss Cranium Command and the World of Motion.

It's not a theme park ride, but I really miss River Country, it was a great water park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter