Which night to book Palo???

I personally LOVE starting the cruise with dinner at Palo. I likely won't do it on my upcoming cruise, though, a) because I'll be solo and figure it would be awkward to show up at the table the second night, and b) assuming I get my requested rotation (AP on Pirate Night), I'd be in AP on night 1 and that's my favorite MDR.

So now I'm going to shoot for the night I'm in EG (worst menu IMHO).

Every night :rotfl:

But seriously: how long will your cruise be, which ship, which itinerary?
Is it your first cruise?
Have you planned any long and exhausting port adventures?
Do you like or dislike pirates night?
Do you like a specific menu in the MDR?
Will you also do a Palo Brunch?
Planning on Remy?

All things to consider when answering your question.

Personally, any night you can get it is a good night. We prefer to do it on Pirate Night because we are over the whole pirate thing and don't care for the pirate menu in the MDR.

No matter which cruise we take, we always reserve Palo for the first evening.
Just a personal preference as a great way to begin the cruise.

Any evening you have a reservation there will be the best evening!

Enjoy.

No matter which cruise we take, we always reserve Palo for the first evening.
Just a personal preference as a great way to begin the cruise.

Any evening you have a reservation there will be the best evening!

Enjoy.

Same for us as well, always an excellent way to start a cruise. On a 7 night we'll book Remy for pirate night.

We prefer brunch but if dinner is a better choice for that particular cruise we'll do pirate night. It's the weakest menu (for us) and the only one that is on every DCL cruise.

If we dont like pirate night and want to dinner then, when will that be? For January, 7 night western Carib on the Magic. Thx

We try to book it for formal or semi-formal night. This way it's not an extra night of dressing up.

If we dont like pirate night and want to dinner then, when will that be? For January, 7 night western Carib on the Magic. Thx

It will be listed in your pre-cruise planner when you login to your reservation on the DCL as a "ship's activity" on the calendar. Should be Jamaica night.

We try to book it for formal or semi-formal night. This way it's not an extra night of dressing up.

Haha, we do the opposite and always want an extra night of feeling special!

Thx I will check there. We don't have a Jamaica stop- we have Key West, Cozumel and the Grand Caymans.

Thx I will check there. We don't have a Jamaica stop- we have Key West, Cozumel and the Grand Caymans.

You'll have to check there then, I am unsure for that itinerary. Jamaica is night number 5 for the other western.

Come back and let us know! :)

Only problem with Palo the first night of your cruise -- it will spoil you for any of the MDR menus.

Since we aren't fans of the Pirate menu, we like to reserve Palo or Remy for that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter