Which name do you like?

Which name(s) do you like?

• Patrick John (Pat, PJ)

• Daniel John (Dan, Danny)

• Thomas John (Tom, Tommy, TJ)

• Gabriel John (Gabe) Our last name starts with a "B")

• Ryan John

• Martin John (Marty)

• None of the above (taking suggestions)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for Ryan. I hate names that come with automatic nicknames. My DH and I have never, ever been called by our given names. We gave our 2 daughters names that have no nicknames associated with them. At 31 and 24 they are called by their given names. yeah

I'm partial to Thomas. My fil's name was Thomas (T.C.). My dh's name is Thomas (Tom). My son is Thomas. DS used to go by T.J. but now prefers Thomas. DGS's middle name is Thomas too.

I agree, especially since it would make it sound like "Gay" Lastname (Gabe Brown would sound like Gay Brown) and you know how middleschoolers are. :sad2: I do like Gabriel, though. Is Gideon too weird for you? I love it.
I love Gabriel, but Gideon is a wonderful choice, too. We know the sweetest little Gideon. :goodvibes

I didn't read all the replies, but it's the ORDER of the names I'm not crazy about. For some reason, they seem to flow better in reverse.

John Patrick
John Daniel
John Thomas
John Gabriel
John Ryan
John Martin

I think it's because John is a strong one syllable name. It just seems to "lead" better IMHO. Of those, I prefer John Daniel simply because I love the name Daniel and John Gabriel because that's just striking.

I voted for Ryan because I have one of those myself! We were originally told it would be a girl and she was going to be Katelyn. But, a week before I had him, the ultrasound showed he was 100% a boy! We had already used our favorite boy name - Andrew - for the first one so we had to come up with a name quickly. We went with Ryan. When he was younger we called him Ry Ry and now sometimes it's just Ry. When our older son was 3 and the baby was born, he called him Rynan.

I never imagined I would have a Ryan and now I can't imagine life without him!

I voted for Patrick. I knew a kid named Tommy John that was a monster so it's not my favorite.

I like Patrick and Thomas, but only if used as Patrick and Thomas. I am not a fan of nicknames. What about Patrick Thomas or Thomas Patrick? ;)

Michelle :flower3:

I vote for this one too....it's our DS's name :thumbsup2 . The nice thing is he hasn't had any other Patrick's so that has been nice. On his basketball team, there are 8 kids, 3 of them are named Nick.

I'm married to a Patrick, and let me just go along with what others have said-DO NOT, DO NOT call him Pat! He grew up hating that, finally "changed it" at school when he didn't speak up when teachers asked if he wanted to be called something else, but his family still calls him Pat. There are 2 females from my side called Pat, and it's really weird to me. Add that to the character on SNL. It's just not good. DH does not like being called Pat, and really only tolerates it from immediate family who have only known him as that.

LOL- we have a Pat in the family and that poor guy has always been known as Patch- reminds me of a dog named patches LOL.

I like most of those names, gabe second to last but I don't like Martin at all-reminds me of an old mans name.

Have you considered one that doesn't have "cereal killer" written all over it?

:upsidedow

Always liked the names Jayden and Jason. With the middle name of John, then nickname would be JJ or Jay

I like Gabriel John the best ... I take it John as a middle name is set?

I have an Alexander Stephen and our short list for the next contains only Ryan Christopher!

I voted for Ryan out of your list of favorites ....
but I'm not so sure it'll fit the "look great on an office door" criteria:confused3
My personal favorite of all boy names is Trevor - but I'm biased. It's my son's name;)

The middle name isn't set in stone necessarily, but I would like to give him DH's name, and DH doesn't want John as a first name even if he wouldn't be an official Junior. I suppose we could use William as a second name since it's DH's middle name and DFIL's first name. I am kind of sentimental in that way though - I like to use family names as middle names.

My husband is John Anthony.

I also like Charles (many Charleses in my family) and Henry.

Fishbone†;28677612 said:
The middle name isn't set in stone necessarily, but I would like to give him DH's name, and DH doesn't want John as a first name even if he wouldn't be an official Junior. I suppose we could use William as a second name since it's DH's middle name and DFIL's first name. I am kind of sentimental in that way though - I like to use family names as middle names.

That's my dad's name too.. John William:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter