Which mornings are you required to get up early on the eastern?

Tonya2

Earning My Ears
I realize on disembarkation day, everyone must be up and out early, but what other days require all passengers to be out of their room at an early time? Thanks!

On Wednesday, for the St. Thomas call, you must report to Immigration fairly early in the morning. The process is pretty quick, and you can go right back to bed, if you wish.

As Lloyd said, Wednesday morning you are up early! It's especially difficult since the deck party is on Tuesday night. The only other time you may need to get up early is for the character breakfast. It's usually on Sunday or Monday. Otherwise, you get to sleep in!:D

Scott

Does everyone have to go to the immigration thing prior to St. Thomas? We've been on the eastern before and don't recall having to attend any immigration thing. Is this new?

Lynda

EVERYONE has to report to immigration in St. Thomas.
If you have a morning excursion in St. Thomas you have to report between 6:30 and 7 am. If you don't, you have to report between 7 and 8 am. EVERYONE has to report by 8 am or NOBODY can get off the ship, and they WILL track you down if you don't report.
I am told this started after September 11.
I think immigration also finds this more efficient than having someone checking papers the entire time the ship. They can have someone there from 6:30 am to 8 am, and leave.
They did not do this on our Alaska cruise the year before. They continue to station an immigration official at the end of the gangway the entire ship is in port, and if you don't get off the ship, you don't have to report.

thanks for the information. I guess I'll be setting my alarm. With the time difference between here (Pacific time zone) and there, (3 hours) it's a bit hard to get up early.

Lynda:o (me yawning)

yes - everyone must go. it is because the ship docks at st. maarten (a forgien port) and THEN St. thomas (a US territory). thats what we have been told and it seems consistent in that we have never had to do it on bahamas or western cruises.

Originally posted by twinglez
Does that include the kids too? or just the adults?

I'm told its everyone..I plan on just carrying my sleeping 5 year old down there and caryuing her back still sleeping!

It includes everyone. Our three children were all still in their pj's. Disney tries to make it easier. They have coffee, juice, pastries at the entrance to the theater. At least you get to eat and drink something while you wait.

Took about 10 minutes from the time we entered the theater to the time we left to go back to our stateroom. It was a very grumpy 10 minutes though!

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter