• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which monorail resort has the best quick service?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
Looking to take a quick break from the Magic Kingdom crowds one day on this next trip and we were thinking of popping over to a monorail resort to grab a quick and inexpensive lunch and rent sea raycers. We've eaten in all the monorail table service restaurants many times, but it's been YEARS since we've been to any of the quick service places at those three resorts. Does anyone have a favorite at the Contemporary, Poly, or Grand Floridian? We don't want to do the Wilderness Lodge because we're already having dinner there one night. If you have an opinion about the best quick service on the monorail line, and if you have any favorite menu items, we'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

Looking to take a quick break from the Magic Kingdom crowds one day on this next trip and we were thinking of popping over to a monorail resort to grab a quick and inexpensive lunch and rent sea raycers. We've eaten in all the monorail table service restaurants many times, but it's been YEARS since we've been to any of the quick service places at those three resorts. Does anyone have a favorite at the Contemporary, Poly, or Grand Floridian? We don't want to do the Wilderness Lodge because we're already having dinner there one night. If you have an opinion about the best quick service on the monorail line, and if you have any favorite menu items, we'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

I am sure that this is a total matter of opinion, but we have stayed at BLT/Contemporary, Poly, and GF. We did not care for the GF quick service at all. We are OK with the Contemporary. We love Capt. Cook's at the Poly. Seriously love the flatbread pizzas, dole whip, pineapple, etc. So our family ranks the quick service as 1) Poly, 2) Contemporary 3)GF.

We have also stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and love the quick service there as well. Not on monorail , though, so not answering your original question.

Ambiance I'd rank Contemporary as there is nothjng better than eating and watching the monorail according to my boys. The food is decent but I think the food at GF QS is better. There you can eat outside which is nice if the weather is good. Have not been to Poly QS, but I think that is being renovated so if that's an option look at the timing in terms of your trip.

Captain Cooks is closing for a few month long renovation. Not sure of the dates.

Captain Cook's adult grilled cheese sandwich and homemade chips used to be really, really great. And pineapple soft serve! Not sure if it's still that good, but it would be my definite to go choice.

Contemporary's CS isn't bad, and if you're after cupcakes, they're awesome, but I've never been too impressed by the GF's CS.

Captain Cooks is closing for a few month long renovation. Not sure of the dates.

They are opening a temporary quick service location in it's place in Grand Ceremonial House, the menu will be similar to Captain Cooks but no dole whips. It's closed from March 28 to summer 2014.

I would check out the menus and see which better appeals to your family then base it off that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter