• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which monorail loop restaurant

Just an fyi, we stayed at Poly for 1st time and had adr for Kona but cancelled. It is an open restaurant, not what I anticipated, and the area gets crowded with the spillover from those waiting for Ohana. Probably wouldn't be an issue for some or if you got a table in the rear. It was just something we weren't interested in so we cancelled the adr a few days before once we saw it. On the other hand, we tried The Wave and loved it. OP indicates there are teens in the group and I think it would appeal to them.

We've enjoyed Kona, will never darken Ohana's door again, but loved, loved, loved the WAVE!!! So much so that I sought out the manager to rave about both the food and the service. We are trying to try nothing but new restaurants next trip EXCEPT for the Wave. We'd go twice if we could fit it in so we could have last years meals (deconstructed Pot Pie and Flat iron Steak w/Avocado Mousse) and then again to try something new. I can't recommend this place too strongly. And the walk to MK is lovely!!!

Pooch, was going to try the deconstructed pot pie but went with beef tenderloin which I loved. Dh had striped bass on top of edamame and corn mix which was sooo fresh and delicious. We try different restaurants on each trip but I will definitely be going back again if pot pie on menu, I am getting it! The service was probably the best I have ever experienced on Disney property.

KONA! This restaurant is reasonably priced, atmosphere is awesome (tropical) and the food and service is very good!
:thumbsup2
Have fun!

Brunette

Pooch, was going to try the deconstructed pot pie but went with beef tenderloin which I loved. Dh had striped bass on top of edamame and corn mix which was sooo fresh and delicious. We try different restaurants on each trip but I will definitely be going back again if pot pie on menu, I am getting it! The service was probably the best I have ever experienced on Disney property.

let me lick the plate but I was tempted!!! Funny story - I was too full for dessert & asked if any could be packed to go. They were very accomodating and I walked around MK that night holding my precious late night snack. Imagine my surprise back at the room when I opened the box to 1 small bite of baklava, a pineapple chunk & something else so small I can't remember what it was!! Moral of the story - don't go to the Wave for the desserts. That's why Main Street Bakery is there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter