Which Moderate?

belle231

HAPPILY EVER AFTER
We are going to Disney in December and i want it to be just perfect. :) It is going to be my husband myself and our 3 year old son. (we are both 25 so enjoy alot of fun) and then we are going with both sets of parents. I have looked at all of them several times and can't decide where to stay. My mom liked the looks of the french quarter and i did to but i see it only has one pool and looks pretty small. I see everyone loves the por riverside one and the coronado springs but i just dont know which one we would prefer. We probably plan on eating most breakfast and stuff at our hotel and would like to swim some days and enjoy the grounds at the hotel. Because french quarters is the smallest i dont want to be bored? Please help i have 5 days to call so book so we can keep our reservations. Thanks for any help:yay:

We stayed at POR and POFQ on previous trips -- hands down POFQ was our favorite of the two. The smallness actually worked well for us and the pool is plenty big. We were never bored while we were there and we would spend our afternoons there to escape the crowded parks.

Your 3-year-old would love the serpent slide and you can always use the pool at POR also because they consider the two "sister" resorts and allow guests to use both pools.

My favorite is Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed there last month. We've also stayed at Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach Resort, and POR is our absolute favorite. The grounds are beautiful with a winding river running through the resort, the food court was great, there is boat transportation to and from D'town Disney, pools are nice.....I think the pool at POFQ is closed right now due to construction. We walked through POFQ, and it looked nice, but we did not stay there. It is considerably smaller than POR. When we go back we will definately stay at POR.

I just posted about that same time frame
this is something you may want to keep in the back of your head while picking
www .disboards. com/ showthread.php?t=1725514 (it wouldn't let me post a link you will have to take the spaces out)

We have stayed on CBR and POFQ and although we have also stayed at BCR we still like POFQ because it very quaint. It will be cold in FL in December, and I know that the pools are heated but are you really going to be doing a lot of swimming? The smaller size of POFQ works well because for a lot of reasons, one being that when you get back to your room and your feet feel like they are alsolutely going to fall off it isn't that far from the bus stop! Plus the bus stop at POFQ is first, meaning you are the first picked up and the first dropped off, which can mean alot when you're tired.

We have stayed at all of of the mods except for CSR. POFQ is our favorite hands down! Yes, it is small, but it is an advantage that everything is close, so you don't have to walk long distances when you do not feel like it. On the other hand, if you do feel like going for a nice walk, you can walk over to POR, and that is a very nice pleasant walk.

The pool area is very nice, and the hot tub is as well. The rooms are terrific and we had very good service as well. The food court is fine and they have a nice lounge.

If you are using the bus service, then you want to avoid POR!!! At FQ, the bus picks up and drops off there first, which really made a big difference for us. When we stayed at POR it was terrible most of the time. We either had to stand or wait for another bus because it was full of guests from FQ. When we stayed at FQ, we go on first, and if the bus was full we would not even go to POR. When we did go, at least we had a seat!

The pool will be open again mid March.

I would not hesitate to stay at POFQ again! We just loved everything about it!

POFQ would be perfect for your group!

You and your husband could take the boat to DTD, you'll never get bored at FQ with DTD and POR so easy to visit.

The resort being small makes it easier to split up and meet up with a group. The pool was not small. The photos don't do it justice, I wasn't attracted to it from the photos, but loved it once we were there.

I also had doubts about the mardis gras theme but ended up loving the atmosphere! It was fun, romantic and magical! Everything a Disney resort should be.

We love the Port Orleans Riverside...I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old and both loved the pool! The slide is easy to go down for a child, but not "too tame" where it's kiddie.

The food court is very convenient with tons of meal choices. We recently stayed there with my family, along with my parents.

Good luck!

We have stayed at POR and POFQ,(see below) We think they are the best mods and plan on going there forever for two reasons. 1. POFQ is very small and is only a few minute walk from anywhere on the resort. 2. water taxi to downtown disney. Only about 15min. ride from POFQ. No other mod. has another mode of transportation, except of course POR. We decided POFQ was better for us because it is the first bus stop between the two and it is the last stop on the water going to DTD and the first stop coming back as the boats go from both resorts and then to DTD. Also you can take the boat from POFQ to POR and vice versa. It's only about a 5 min. ride between the two. Also since you have a little one you may want to walk over to POR from POFQ early one morning to eat breakfast at Boatwright's and you will see rabbits along the path on the river when you go. Besides CSR and CBR are massive and have lakes in the middle which means if you are on the wrong side of the lake you may be doing a lot of walking.:thumbsup2

We have stayed at POR and POFQ and love them both but, for us, it's hand's down POFQ!!!! We found the resort to be truly beautiful with very friendly staff. The smaller size is great too, we were only steps from everything....lobby, food court, boat dock, bus stop! Don't forget that only the Port Orleans resorts have the boat to DTD!

We loved CS the last time we went to Disney! CS has a great kid play area and a super pool. The grounds are beautiful, the transportation was wonderful, there's even a health club/spa. CS would be hard to beat. Be sure to check out Buzz2001's website (above). :thumbsup2

Thank you to everyone and there input. I think with all adults except our 3 year old it is going to be perfect i am booking it today and we are all very excited so thank you everyone for your help. It is very much appreciated. :cool1: :goodvibes :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter