Which Moderate would you choose?

Madjock

<font color=blue>You don't have to be Mad but it h
We are going back and we have decided, not only to stay on site, but to stretch the purse strings and go for a moderate. This is where we need your help - which one? I like the look of the CBR but DH likes the look of PO. I don't suppose you can go wrong with any WD resort but which one would you choose and why?

Annmarie :)

We really enjoyed our stay at the part of Port Orleans which used to be called Dixie Landings. Very quiet and calm, we used to enjoy watching the boats glide past on their way to or from the marina. It's only problem was the distance to Animal Kingdom, our favourite park, but we shouldn't really complain as it was only a 20 minute journey.

The new Coronado Springs looks very nice (we've visited but not stayed there). To y eyes at least, the Caribbean Beach Resort is looking a little 'tired'.

Regards

Rob

........ AnnMarie, this is such a hard question! They each have a totally different feel, mostly because of their theming, and I honestly think it comes down to which theming you prefer, but we think the atmosphere at the Caribbean Beach is great and it is a pretty resort yet another time we have also enjoyed the laid back, quieter and smaller Port Orleans French Quarter, which although closed right now, will hopefully be opened again towards the end of the year - that said, it no longer has it's own restaurant since it now is teamed up with the Riverside.
I have friends that love the Coronado Springs and go back repeatedly rather than stay at the other mods, which they've also visited. However, I've seen posts from people who felt that since it is has a Convention Center, that discourages them from staying there.
Enjoy making your decision! It isn't easy I know but they each have their own qualities :)

we loved the Caribbean Beach Resort, and it has been refurbished recently so I don't think it's looking tired any more - it is however a huge place and if that is an issue for you, then I wouldn't recommend it, but it didn't bother us at all - we don't use the food court much anyway, and when we did it was a pleasant 10 minute walk from our room.

I really fancy the Magnolia Mansions @ Port Orleans, so that's next on my list.

Bev

Anne Marie,

Well we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last year and Coronado Springs this year. After reading all the too and fro debating on best and worst my opinion is that all the resorts are a high standard, and go with the theming that appeals to you.

However, we probably had a better holiday at POR as we were in Building 14 which is soooo convenient for everything, and the weather was perfect!! At CS we were in Cabana 8a, which I requested as it's near the main pool, but it is further away from the food court, and we had some bad weather this year so that impacted our view, we didn't spend as much time at the pool as we would have liked. At CS there were lots of people in suits, but they are in meetings most of the time, there are lots of conventioneers families there too "for a free ride" which must be great for them!! It didn't bother us.

The rooms in both resorts are very similar, although at CS you do get a hairdryer, coffee filter and coffee and an ironing board and iron (if that appeals to you on holiday!!) The food court at CS had better food, more choice and more like a restaurant, BUT getting the food from different counters seemed to be more complicated, and meant we were often not eating together as some food is freshly prepared. We loved the 18" pizzas from POR food court, a great value meal for a family. The maid at POR made an effort to arrange soft toys, and other fun "surprises" for the children when you get back to the room, but not at CS (probably as so many are there on business!)

The bar area is nicer at POR too, there is no entertainment at CS, and the bar was full of suits smoking too much for my liking. The shops at both CS and POR are attractively themed, and you can get a few reasonably priced snacks there.

Landscaping at POR is better, hot tub at CS is better, pool is bigger at CS, but more interesting shape atPOR with more landscaping. You can get mug refills at the pool at CS, but only at the food court at POR.

So all in all, wherever you go you'll have a great time, but make sure you do your utmost to get a building near food court, bus stop and pool!! Saves the old feet. Oh, and CS is beautiful at night, with all the light around the lake!!

If room size is important, the CBR has the biggest rooms!!

We enjoyed both Boatwrights and Maya Grill, but thought they were both quite expensive. People were dressed up more at Maya Grill, but then we were there on Valantines Day!!

Have I helped? :rolleyes:

Annmarie, I often take a look at the photos on Deb Wills' site. Not sure that it would help me to choose, but you get a much better feel for them all than you do just looking at holiday brochures.

wdwig Resort Photo Gallery

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter