• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which moderate to choose?

Our favorite mod has always been CSR - I think the food there is a cut above the rest. It's one of few places anywhere on property that actually has a nice selection of fruit and salads. The queen sized beds have helped to make it popular.

Of you list, I'd pick CBR, but it depends on your preferences. Every resort has it's fans.

My top suggestion would be to go with the one YOU like best.

The transporation at CBR and POR are going to be a bit slow. Buses do come through, but CBR has the most stops (7, I think) and POR also has quite a few (4, I think). so if you are using busing, you will be sitting onthe bus ofr a while coming and going. If you happen to have one ofthe last bus stops, then you'll ge tothe parks 'faster', but the odds of getting a seat are slimest. Generally speaksing, at the bigt mods your best bet maybe going to the main bus stop to pick up a bus.

POFQ has it's own busing during peak times, but shares buses with POR the rest of the time. It's always the first stop. POFQ is by far teh most compact of the mods, so that really helps.

BUT...POFQ has a lame food court. I found the beignets nothing more than greasy fired dough balls. If you are into that, you'll love them. I prefer slightly more healthy food items. I'm not above fried foods altogether, but they should have some redeeming aspect. It didn't help that the one order we tried were cold. Otherwise, some of the selections were okay. They have the smallest selection though.

CBR has by far the best pool. It's just about the best pool complex on property and it's very new. Also they have rooms with cute theming.

If you go with POR, i'd request the mansion side, or first floor rooms. The AB side doesn't have elevators. Oh, CBR is also elevator free.So again, I'd request first floor rooms.

Why are you saying do not stay there? You mean do stay there cause it's your fave, right?

Yes, I was joking! Sorry for the confusion.
We love CSR!!! Some of us have said that we need to stop bragging on this resort being so wonderful because it's become so popular that rooms are sometimes hard to get.

Thanks Kat for clarifying!!!

We really enjoy the mods - we have tried all levels and mods just fit us the best.

Our current fav is POFQ. We like that it is small and quaint. We also like that even though buses are shared generally POFQ is the first stop (meaning you genenerally get a seat in the morning and are faster off at night when buses are crowded). We also really like the theming. The hot tub is a nice relaxing area and we enjoy the jazz music in the lounge.

Negatives to POFQ - pool is good but not spectacular and the slide is okay. However, you do have access to POR pool since you are sister resorts and when using this pool (which we have done each trip), we have been told by numerous POR guests that our travel by boat to POR was faster and easier than their journey to the main pool from the back of the resort.

Oh, and that brings up another real plus to POFQ and POR - the boat service to DTD and each other. We really love taking the boat and it always feels like deluxe level amenity at a mod.

For the record, we also really love CBR. The theming is really a draw to us. However, we travel with my mom so a smaller walk is preferred (we paid for preferred at CBR - no need at POFQ).

The theming at CSR and the foodcourt do not appeal to out family.

CSR IMO is the best for the following reasons.....

Queen beds
Only mod with a full service gym (we work out)
Awesome food court
Beautiful theming.

I know this was not one of your choices, but I had to add my 2 cents. It is a mod, but with the Maya Grill, and gym, it has the feel of a deluxe.

I've stayed at both of the Port Orleans resorts and they are both fantastic!:thumbsup2 Some people don't care for the pool at POFQ and think it's "little kiddish" but my kids LOVED the look of it!! (and my oldest was 12 when we went!) I think all of the mods look beautiful and they all certainly have their devoted fans! I think you should look at lots of pics and choose the one that appeals to you most. Happy planning!!:goodvibes

Thank you for your responses. A few of you mentioned CSR and I didn't ask about this because I just considered this a convention resort. But maybe I shouldn't even look into this because it sounds like it's hard to get in.

I'm trying to plan a mini-vacation with my daughter (8) and myself in February. The quality and theming of the pools may not even be an issue that time of year because it might be too cold. I think bus location, and efficiency in getting to the parks may be a bigger issue. It looked like the commute to the parks from POFQ was longer than the commute to the parks from CBR. Is that true?

And I don't want to pay more for a preferred room at CBR, so perhaps POFQ may be better.

Thank you for your responses. A few of you mentioned CSR and I didn't ask about this because I just considered this a convention resort. But maybe I shouldn't even look into this because it sounds like it's hard to get in.

I'm trying to plan a mini-vacation with my daughter (8) and myself in February. The quality and theming of the pools may not even be an issue that time of year because it might be too cold. I think bus location, and efficiency in getting to the parks may be a bigger issue. It looked like the commute to the parks from POFQ was longer than the commute to the parks from CBR. Is that true?

And I don't want to pay more for a preferred room at CBR, so perhaps POFQ may be better.

I didn't select one of your three because we've not stayed at any of the three...we've only stayed at the Coronado. Yes, the Coronado is a conventioin resort, but so is Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Yacht Club and the Contemporary. But there are still plenty of families there (it was my kids favorite when they traveled with us).

However, out of the three you listed, I would pick the POFQ. We visited it last week when we were there (we were staying at the CSR) and it really is a beautiful resort. We've visited the POR and the CBR as well, but we like the POFQ the best of those three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter