which moderate to choose?

Rosie8801

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me their opinion on which moderate resort to choose between Port Orleans Riverside vs. French Quarters vs. Caribbean Beach? My main factors are best location for bus transportation, room quality, and pool quality.

I love POFQ except the pool. The pool slide is more like a kiddie slide. Other than that the size is great, the food court is good and the resort is beautiful.

CBR has an awesome pool, and a great food court, but I would pay for a preferred room location if I stayed there again. Too much walking.

CSR is beautiful with a great pool but I hate the Pepper Market. Everyone gets their food at different times, a 10% tip is automatically added, and it is extremely expensive for what you get. It's okay on the dining plan, except for the 10%, but if I were paying cash I would be outraged at the price. Cafe Rix has no inside seating and very limited selection.

I haven't stayed at POR for several years. I can't remember the pool. The resort is great but very spread out. Pick a location carefully.

Of all the mods, I now have made the decision that POFQ is the best except the pool, and my second choice would be CBR with a preferred room location to avoid walking. If POFQ ever renovates their pool I would always stay there.

I like POFQ best....pool is good, slide is a little bit kiddy but I love it. Food court is nice, has beignets which are to die for, you have to try them. Other food options are good as well! Bus transportation is good, you do have to share with POR though. Room quality is great as well. I have never had a bad experience at FQ. Room is always nice and clean, and we just recently stayed there in May!!!

The mods are all very similar. POR and CBR have table service restaurants, POFQ does not. CBR is huge and has lots of bus stops, POR and POFQ share a bus, so that's a wash, I think. I happen to like POR's pool better than CBR, but I appear to be in the minority on that point. I really the relaxing lazy river feel and kids llike the buckets of water falling down. CBR's big plus is that you can see Epcot fireworks from the beach. When we stayed at CBR it felt weird that there was no real lobby, while POR has a fairly nice bar/sitting area near the gift shop. It felt kind of "central" if you know what I mean. Of, course lobby was not on your list of priorities!

Bottom line, really, is that they are so similar you really can't make a mistake. Go for the theming you like the best.

I agree with this posters opinion on POFQ pool. It is seriously tacky. In fact I think the whole Mardi Gras theme is tacky. I really love the rooms and the buildings, but the food court and pool area are absurd. :upsidedow

I love POFQ except the pool. The pool slide is more like a kiddie slide. Other than that the size is great, the food court is good and the resort is beautiful.

CBR has an awesome pool, and a great food court, but I would pay for a preferred room location if I stayed there again. Too much walking.

CSR is beautiful with a great pool but I hate the Pepper Market. Everyone gets their food at different times, a 10% tip is automatically added, and it is extremely expensive for what you get. It's okay on the dining plan, except for the 10%, but if I were paying cash I would be outraged at the price. Cafe Rix has no inside seating and very limited selection.

I haven't stayed at POR for several years. I can't remember the pool. The resort is great but very spread out. Pick a location carefully.

Of all the mods, I now have made the decision that POFQ is the best except the pool, and my second choice would be CBR with a preferred room location to avoid walking. If POFQ ever renovates their pool I would always stay there.

Port Orleans Riverside seems to be the best option and you know all the luxuries of life cannot be find everywhere.

We love CBR. The individual smaller pools at each Island of rooms are quiet and nice for a quick dip, or a small walk gets you to the Main building (olde port royale) for a nice pool, and the food court is just great. Transportation was always efficient for us, and we loved early morning walks around the grounds, it is so tropical. My DS was singing Cheeseburger In Paradise every day, hearing it while playing in the sandboxes. :thumbsup2 The rooms were clean and mousekeeping did a great job. They rolled towels into a different shape each night we were there. Hope this helps!

Are you taking children? If so what are their ages?
Love POFQ for small size and bus transportation is great when not sharing with POR, pool is kind of lame
CBR has the best pool for young children, the resort is huge
POR-never stayed here
I know you didn't include CSR but it would be my pic if you have older children, resort has deluxe feel and rooms were just renovated and now have 2 queen size beds in them

does riverside have a slide? how is it with older kids .... mine are 14 and 10.

i seem to be leaning more towards riverside from what people have said

does riverside have a slide? how is it with older kids .... mine are 14 and 10.

i seem to be leaning more towards riverside from what people have said
have you looked into CSR? It has a great slide and queen beds. With kids those ages I think you should consider it!

We stayed at CBR last Sept. and it was great. Great bus services, the longest we waited was like 10 minutes, food court was also great, gift shop was very nice, mousekeeping was WONDERFUL, they made each of my kids there own different towel animal everynight and we were there like 9 days. CBR main pool was not yet back open yet, but from what we saw it looked terrific. Only great things to say about CBR.

We stayed at POR last Thanksgiving and are going back there this Thanksgiving, it was also great. It has the trudle beds so the room sleeps 5 people, the food court there was great lots to choose from, the pool was good from want we saw of it. The weather was pretty cool last Thanksgiving so we only used the hot tub, which was very nice. We only used the bus service a few times and it was good. We drove to the parks alot (had to take pet to kennels).

I think you would be very happy with either one of these Resorts. Just pick beach theme or Louisiana theme. We prefer the beach only b/c we live in Louisiana. Hope this helps. Just remember you can't go wrong, its DISNEY!

We have stayed at all the mods, and prefer POFQ over all of them. We LOVE the smaller size of the resort, and the kids love the dragon pool! POR, CBR and CSR, to us at least, are WAY too large. I hate having a 1/2 hour walk for a coffee in the morning, LOL.

Please do not stay at CSR!!!! It's our favorite-the only mod that we'll stay in. Lately, it has been harder to get reservations. Thanks!!!

We were extremely unhappy at POR. The room was nice, the pool was alright, but the transportation was horrible! The POR bus stop at the parks is always the longest and takes forever, and we were so disappointed with how long it took to get back from the parks because of this. It was every single night at every park, too.

CSR is our fave moderate, but since you didn't list it, I would go with Caribbean Beach. The kids will love the rooms and the pool. And the bus is not too bad either.

Please do not stay at CSR!!!! It's our favorite-the only mod that we'll stay in. Lately, it has been harder to get reservations. Thanks!!!

Why are you saying do not stay there? You mean do stay there cause it's your fave, right?

Why are you saying do not stay there? You mean do stay there cause it's your fave, right?

rie'smom is joking. I've come to know her well and she is right. It is getting harder and harder to get ressies at the CSR. People are looking into June and there only suites available. :scared1:

POR, CBR and CSR, to us at least, are WAY too large. I hate having a 1/2 hour walk for a coffee in the morning, LOL.

:rotfl: I always enjoy the walk for coffee in the morning. I'm usually alone while my wife and son get ready. I take my camera along and get lots of great photos without lots of people. ;)

rie'smom is joking. I've come to know her well and she is right. It is getting harder and harder to get ressies at the CSR. People are looking into June and there only suites available. :scared1:

Ha! That went right over my head! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter